Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@calkenneth: Thanks a lot for reporting. It was false positive, solely from the Windows Defender. Please download the (just uploaded) today's build of the Trackpad++, and there will be no such warning anymore. Also, you can check even the previous version with VirusTotal.com web service. 55 antiviruses are confirming that it's really clean.

Last edited:

happygodavid

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2007
Northern Virginia
A quick review of Trackpad++ :
I tried out the free version of Trackpad++, loved it, but after updating to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, I had issues. I read through this thread, and after seeing how many times Vlad responded to forum users, I just reached out to him for help after a few failed attempts at troubleshooting. He was quick to respond to emails and explained things simply. I ended up donating for the signed copy of the driver, and it was worth every penny! It was not that much more than the regular license, and no more hassle with Windows Test Mode! Seriously, folks, if you want your trackpad to behave more like a Mac trackpad on the Windows side, just shoot him an email, donate for the signed driver, and be done with it. He even includes a simple two or three click script to toggle Test Mode. Even a non-techie can follow his instructions, and in my experience (and others on this forum, apparently), he has fantastic customer support. Thanks for all your help, Vlad, and thanks for making such a great piece of software!

slminneman

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
After installing Power Plan (on my way to Trackpad++), I get a complaint about an unsigned driver after every reboot. How do I make this issue go away?

I have donated in the past, but I had to do a clean install after some odd issues a while back. I see reference to instructions, but can't find them with search, here.

This is an early-2011 MBP running Windows 7, and the latest PPA.

Zaroff

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Has anyone been successful in making Trackpad++ work on a MacBook 12 (2016), with W10 Anniversary Update?
After proper installation, it's not working and give me the message that "Trackpad++ cannot communicate with the driver" and similar. I can't figure it out.

If yes, can you provide the choices you made during the dialog boxes during installation?

Last edited:

codeoner

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2016
HEY! I installed Trackpad++ in a Win10 installation on my macbook Air (I installed without bootcamp and everything is working fine).
I get the message "Trackpad++ cannot communicate with the driver" BUT everything is working fine! so my only problem is how to remove the message from showing up every time!

doynton

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2014
He was quick to respond to emails and explained things simply. I ended up donating for the signed copy of the driver, and it was worth every penny!
Sure. The guy has to live but EUR 30 extra (which he quoted me) for a signed driver is stupidly expensive.

You would certainly be ill-advised to disable driver verification and use unsigned drivers in Windows.

I'm not sure why MacRumors allows this advertising thread but apparently it doesn't care.

Last edited:

Jackeee

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2015
Ha ha I'd better support the team like this than throw more $$$ towards Apple. It's late 2016 and Apple still charges $2K for 15" base model, with CPU, GPU and chassis design from as long ago as 2012

whiteonline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2011
California, USA
Sure. The guy has to live but EUR 30 extra (which he quoted me) for a signed driver is stupidly expensive.

You would certainly be ill-advised to disable driver verification and use unsigned drivers in Windows.

I'm not sure why MacRumors allows this advertising thread but apparently it doesn't care.
Um. So you have a problem with someone taking the time to solve a real problem (Apple driver support), putting his own money out for initial driver signing certification, and accepting donations? Because of the model, OP has created drivers for the wireless trackpad as well. That's the whole point, financial rewards for providing goods people want/need. Besides, I highly doubt the dude is getting rich off of it.

amadaras

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2016
Budapest, PE, Hungary
So, I have installed Windows 10 on my early 2008 non-unibody MacBook 4,1, which is officially unsupported. I didn't keep OSX installed, but this doesn't really matter. Bootcamp support software lets me to set drag lock, dragging, two finger scrolling and right-click, but nothing more. Also I can't reverse direction. The scrolling doesn't look very well. I read that trackpad++ doesn't work with an old laptop like that. All in all, I just want Windows to scroll like OSX does it. My computer has touchpad named "Scrolling Trackpad".

Thanks in advance,

(And sorry if this wouldn't go to this thread.)

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@amadaras: It's true that only Mid-2009 to Early-2016 models are currently supported. 2008 generation will never be supported, sorry.

@All: Could anybody who got the new Late-2016 13" model without the Touch Bar contact me there or privately. There is something (simple) you can do to help us support the new generation faster... Thanks!

Cozz

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2010
Hey Vlad I plan to get one next week, R.I.P my MacBook Air) Folks the new trackpad is so awesome. Yesterday I played with 13" w/o Touch bar at store. I hope you'll provide some quality solution for palm rejection as well. Basically now you're not able to type without touching the trackpad accidentally all the time. On Sierra the palm rejection appears to work perfectly.
So good luck and thanks again for your endeavors!

fly56

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2016
I found trackpad++ just yesterday, 3 years after I started using windows parallel. this fixes what always bothered me: this over sensitivity of the trackpad in windows (touch and scroll).
thanks! i will donate.

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
So, I have installed Windows 10 on my early 2008 non-unibody MacBook 4,1, which is officially unsupported. I didn't keep OSX installed, but this doesn't really matter. Bootcamp support software lets me to set drag lock, dragging, two finger scrolling and right-click, but nothing more. Also I can't reverse direction. The scrolling doesn't look very well. I read that trackpad++ doesn't work with an old laptop like that. All in all, I just want Windows to scroll like OSX does it. My computer has touchpad named "Scrolling Trackpad".
It's easy to reverse the scrolling although it involves a little bit of registry work.
http://superuser.com/questions/310681/inverting-direction-of-mouse-scroll-wheel

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@fly56: Thank you for the feedback!

@imacken: Yes, reversing of the scrolling is definitely possible via (relatively simple) registry mod...

@All: Glad to announce, Late-2016 support is coming in January! All of the familiar Trackpad++ gestures for 3 and 4 fingers will become available for the new models.

sasawatd

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2016
Dear Vlad & Trackpad++ Team,

I'd like to let you know that you guys did a great job creating Trackpad++.

Initially I use Trackpad++ with Bootcamp Windows 7. I found it much better than the Apple driver which, of course, everyone knows how bad it is. So I make the donations to show my appreciation and to encourage someone like you who put efforts to solve problems for others.

I've just upgraded from Bootcamp Windows 7 to Windows 10, and take advantage of Windows 10 multiple desktop feature. I found out that with Trackpad++, I can use four-fingers swipe left and right to switch between desktops, like the three-fingers swipe on Mac. This is really boosting productivity when working on multiple apps.

Thanks again for creating such a wonderful Trackpad++.
:)

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@sasawatd: Thank you very much!

@All: Late-2016 models (13" with and w/o Touch Bar, and 15" with Touch Bar) have been supported today! Feedback from all of our remote testers had been solidly good. So this isn't the beta or test version anymore. It's the first official release for those new giant trackpads.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
@sasawatd: Thank you very much!

@All: Late-2016 models (13" with and w/o Touch Bar, and 15" with Touch Bar) have been supported today! Feedback from all of our remote testers had been solidly good. So this isn't the beta or test version anymore. It's the first official release for those new giant trackpads.

Hey Vladimir, thanks for the update!

For some reason when I try to install PowerPlan Assistant I get a warning from .net and can't see the actual application... and my Trackpad++ settings keep saying it can not communicate with the trackpad. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks for all your hard work, and great software!

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@dotdotdot: Thank you for reporting. Do you have the previous Macbook, or Late-2016? And what's the Windows version, and system language? In any case, I suggest that you write to the support email address using the ''Contact" link on the website of the project, and from there I'll provide some steps to debug/resolve this issue. Just to keep this thread clean from multiple small steps of such conversation, you know... But definitely afterwards we should return there and tell the community what was the reason.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@All:

If anyone else has experienced an error message during the installation of the PPA tool, please try the fixed build:
http://www.forbootcamp.org/Power_Plan_Assistant_32d_Setup_12182016.exe

Afterwards, please reinstall the Trackpad++, as well.

Basically, the last Trackpad++ build is completely OK, but there was certain issue with the Power Plan Assistant, the issue was happening to some of the completely fresh (first) installations. The build from the link above fixes this issue by reverting some of the PPA code back to previous week's version.

Last edited:

okdreamy

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2016
Hi Vladimir,

Just created an account here. First, thanks a lot for your application!

-I have two questions: Now that Trackpad++ is installed, could I safely remove Power Plan Assistant?
-Do you plan to add more actions to Trackpad++? I mean, would it be possible to perform a keyboard shortcut? This way, it would be it possible to map a swipe to 'closing tab' or 'add new tab' in any browser.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@okdreamy: Yes, it can be safely removed after the initial installation chain. Regarding the custom keyboard shortcuts:
although natively such feature is not there yet, the custom keystrokes can be assigned to any of the Trackpad++ gestures for 3 and 4 fingers. For this purpose, use 'Run Application...' for the gesture of your choice. The solution there is to use a so called 'compiled AutoHotkey script' (it compiles to .exe). The AutoHotkey is very simple and can be used by non-developers. For example, to maximize the focused window, all is needed to create the text file containing a single word WinMaximize (and choose 'compile' for it from the context menu of the text file in File Explorer, assuming that AutoHotkey is installed). For more details you can refer to any of the tutorials in internet.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
@All:

If anyone else has experienced an error message during the installation of the PPA tool, please try the fixed build:
http://www.forbootcamp.org/Power_Plan_Assistant_32d_Setup_12182016.exe

Afterwards, please reinstall the Trackpad++, as well.

Basically, the last Trackpad++ build is completely OK, but there was certain issue with the Power Plan Assistant, the issue was happening to some of the completely fresh (first) installations. The build from the link above fixes this issue by reverting some of the PPA code back to previous week's version.

Just wanted to let you know this fixed all the issues I was having. Thanks for the great software!

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@dotdodot: Thank you for the feedback!

@All: Just in case: regarding the Late-2016 models and Trackpad++, even more people have confirmed during the week, all is working with the recent public build.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.