Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Svietor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm posting to see if anyone has found a docking system solution that works with their n ew Macbook pro?

I run two 24" monitors on either side of a 34" UW monitor, and foolishly didn't look into if this machine could push them all (my 2015 I upgraded from could, so I had reason to believe this infinitely more advanced machine could handle it). No combination of DP, HDMI, VGA, DVI has garnered results.

Any suggestions?

I'm aware of a few that have PD over the host connection (in the 60-100w range), but I was unsure if the lower wattage coming through the thunderbolt that connects the mac to the dock would damage the battery (it won't).

I appreciate the time it takes to answer, so thank you very much in advance!!

Eidt:
For this matter, does anyone know if I can use the native hdmi output, in conjunction with a dual-display dock? Seems like it's a no, as the comp only supports 2 externals, so likely need the specific displaylink or gpu features of a triple display dock, but it just occurred to me so thought I'd ask

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.