Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clukas

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
Nope. All downloading just fine. Could be a CDN issue where you are. Give it some time.

rw3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Figured as much. iOS 10 and Xcode 8 downloaded just fine, Sierra is just taking her time.

Reactions: clukas

Thrifty1

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2009
I downloaded it on my iMac fine a bit ago. Then when I tried on my MacBook Air (via Purchased tab) the Download button turns grey when I click it but not downloading. I am guessing servers are overwhelmed.

Reactions: Dusty1216

gregsapphire

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2014
I downloaded it on my iMac fine a bit ago. Then when I tried on my MacBook Air (via Purchased tab) the Download button turns grey when I click it but not downloading. I am guessing servers are overwhelmed.
Same issue. First device seems fine but second one won't download.

Thrifty1

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2009
I can move a copy of the Installer from my iMac to my MacBook Air since the download has not been working for the MacBook Air. Anyone know if the installer is universal across all Macs?

Reactions: AppleFanatic10

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
Was downloading fine on my Macbook then it stopped. Ive been unable to do anything since. Just spinning. Sounds like all we can do is wait it out.

Reactions: Dusty1216

gregsapphire

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2014
I can move a copy of the Installer from my iMac to my MacBook Air since the download has not been working for the MacBook Air. Anyone know if the installer is universal across all Macs?
How do you move over the installer? I have installed 10.12 on Macbook but unable to download on iMac. Actually it downloaded but nothing happened and I had tried to download with no luck.
[doublepost=1465853034][/doublepost]
Initial download stopped suddenly. When I tried to download from Purchases tab in Mac App Store it gets hung up. I'm stuck.
Exact same situation. But on my second mac.

Dusty1216

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
Same **** happened to me, go to hit download from purchased all i get is a spinny wheel...only solution i could think of was to bitch at them to give me another redeem code :eek: still in that process, highly doubt they will.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
I tried to key in my code again from the dev portal but it lists that it is taken. So guess there isn't much to do until things clear up a bit.

Thrifty1

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2009
How do you move over the installer? I have installed 10.12 on Macbook but unable to download on iMac. Actually it downloaded but nothing happened and I had tried to download with no luck.

I had not installed the original downloaded installation on my iMac so I still had the "Intall 10.12 Developer Preview" file in my Applications folder. I just copied that over to my MacBook Air, but not sure if I should use it to install or not.

I believe once you run the installer it deletes the installer app. So I always make a copy of it in case I need it again (don't have to download it again) prior to installing.

gregsapphire

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2014
I had not installed the original downloaded installation on my iMac so I still had the "Intall 10.12 Developer Preview" file in my Applications folder. I just copied that over to my MacBook Air, but not sure if I should use it to install or not.

I believe once you run the installer it deletes the installer app. So I always make a copy of it in case I need it again (don't have to download it again) prior to installing.
Ok well it's too late for me then. Hope Apple fixes the issue on their end.

rw3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2008
DFW, TX
I've tried everything that I know.

Flush DNS Cache - Check
Rebooted - Check
Rebooted with a File System Check in SUM - Check

I've even tried going through my VPN and still unable to download.

Dusty1216

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
however what happened to you guys just happened got to about 90% of the way there and then said it failed :(
[doublepost=1465854664][/doublepost]
How'd you get a new code? You call them?

yes however the download failed and im back to square one of it being trapped in the purchases tab.

Haxley

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2010
I'm having same problem as well. I should mention that on my first attempt to download, I got storage almost full warning. I've since cleared space but maybe it still thinks my storage is full? Anyone else have full/close to full storage when attempting to download?

Also, I tried to install this over El Capitan Beta. Could this be a problem?

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
Same problem. My MacBook Pro updated fine, but my Air is stuck at the greyed out icon.

rw3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2008
DFW, TX
New code for me as well....everything else wouldn't work, not even another Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.