Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dusty1216

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
New code didnt work for me it got the d/l going however 90% of the way done it said "10.12 failed to download"

Insleep

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2015
United States
Getting nothing here when I press download. Was able to fully download it once, and I installed it on my rMBP, however, when trying to download again for my Mac mini, the button just greys out and there's a spinning activity indicator near the back/forward buttons.

Dusty1216

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
First shut down the App Store and then re-open it. Then try holding the alt/option key while you click on the purchases tab of the App Store, and then click on the download again.

This just got it to work for me---TO START----will update if it goes thru all the way
[doublepost=1465868594][/doublepost]For me when i held down alt/option and clicked the purchase tab it started immediately was nothing to select.

Last edited:

Insleep

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2015
United States
First shut down the App Store and then re-open it. Then try holding the alt/option key while you click on the purchases tab of the App Store, and then click on the download again.

If it allows you now, then this time select the whole OS X release - it's a GM and it's preferable to do a full install (your user data won't be wiped or affected - it's just a more thorough form of update).

This just got it to work for me---TO START----will update if it goes thru all the way
[doublepost=1465868594][/doublepost]For me when i held down alt/option and clicked the purchase tab it started immediately was nothing to select.

Unfortunately this isn't working for me, after trying to perform this procedure on four different Macs to get the download started. I'll most likely have to wait until later when the servers aren't as congested.

Dusty1216

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
Unfortunately this isn't working for me, after trying to perform this procedure on four different Macs to get the download started. I'll most likely have to wait until later when the servers aren't as congested.

Hmmm other things I had done previously was resetting the download warnings or whatever thru apple id in the Mac App Store I ran a repair on my HD w utility and then I restarted my MacBook clicked check for unfinished downloads then closed the App Store reopened it and hit alt/option while simultaneously clicking the purchased tab.

c2one

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
Read this on the Dev forums...

"Opening App store and clicking download then selecting 'Check for unfinished downloads...' from the store menu fixed it for me."​

This started the download for me.

Last edited:

Dusty1216

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
It worked for me---closing App Store and then reopening then holding alt/option while simultaneously clicking the purchases tab. Installing now yayyyy :)
[doublepost=1465872812][/doublepost]Holy crip its a crapple Siri on the Mac is god damn heaven. <3
[doublepost=1465872861][/doublepost]and the optimize mac has given me over 50GB of storage. <3 :apple:

tiptopp

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2008
Norwich, UK
Read this on the Dev forums...

"Opening App store and clicking download then selecting 'Check for unfinished downloads...' from the store menu fixed it for me."​

This started the download for me.

Fantastic. Worked for me too. Thanks for sharing this!

rw3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Everyone get theirs going? I was able to last night after multiple attempts.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
So I cant even get it to show up under Purchased on another of my Macs. I went back out to the dev portal and hit download from there but the app store just complains that my code was already redeemed. Same Apple ID on both Macs. How can I get it to show up??

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
So I cant even get it to show up under Purchased on another of my Macs. I went back out to the dev portal and hit download from there but the app store just complains that my code was already redeemed. Same Apple ID on both Macs. How can I get it to show up??

Have you tried the check for unfinished downloads trick? It didn't work for me but mine was showing up. It might fix your issue though? If not try signing out and back in to the App Store. Finally try option-clicking the Purchased tab.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
Have you tried the check for unfinished downloads trick? It didn't work for me but mine was showing up. It might fix your issue though? If not try signing out and back in to the App Store. Finally try option-clicking the Purchased tab.

No go on all of these. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.