Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lycanthrope

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Brussels, Belgium, Europe
AirPods fall out almost immediately for me. AirPods Pro the left pod fits perfectly and stays put but my right pod with any sized tip falls out within minutes. I wish they came with wingtips.

Same here, left stays in, right falls out with both the medium and large tip.

I'm wondering if it the ear canal is dryer than the left side, rather than a different shape.

GavHarris

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2020
Excellent post - I have the AirPods in at 2/10 o'clock and it seems to have addressed the issue and maybe I will look into the foam tips. Thanks a million to everyone who posted as I was this close (shows fingers really close together) to selling them on as I got them as a present and couldn't return them.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Wow, lol it works. But I bet it looks different, lol! I'm not taking a picture of my ear to see... But yeah, it definitely stays in better.

Sebosz

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2015
Poland
I was really disappointed after I bought Pros, had to return them because they kept falling out of my ears. Unfortunately my ears are incompatible with that kind of earphones.

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
I was really disappointed after I bought Pros, had to return them because they kept falling out of my ears. Unfortunately my ears are incompatible with that kind of earphones.

Same... it's a shame since there are great functionality-wise...

I might try again some time. Maybe try the foam tips.

that being said, I wonder how inserting them at an angle would affect the rumoured spatial audio that is supposedly in the works.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009
Sadly I’m returning mine. My right ones keep falling off. Can’t even run lightly and they just pop off. The left ones stay longer but they don’t work great as workout headphones. As others said, I wish they came with wings to help them stay put during workouts and faster movement. Oh well. Back they go tomorrow.

Someone looking for wings might try something like this. There are tons of similar products on Amazon as well. https://www.amazon.com/AhaStyle-Ant...Compatible/dp/B0837G66Q5?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
The concern about the AirPods Pro falling out is why I ended up with the PowerBeats (4th generation) instead, mostly because it won't fall out to start with.

Sajal

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2014
Just tried this and just WOW, it simply works and feels more secure.

and I was using the APP for 2+ years

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.