Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ktwello

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2023
I'm from Canada and missed the pre-order so I ordered from Best Buy and I still don't have an update. So I'm thinking of trying to go on release day to my local Apple store. Do you think going to line up at 5am is enough time to ensure an Iphone pro max? And has anyone waited outside a mall location before, I'm a little confused on where I should wait while the mall is still closed.
Also, if anyone else pre-ordered from best buy please let me know if you see an update on the order status. Whenever I go to check the order status says "Picked up" but when I contact best buy they aren't able to tell me who it was picked up by.

Any help is appreciated as I really want to upgrade my phone for an upcoming trip in October!

Thank you!

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
It's been a long time since I've lined up at a store (which is sad ... I have a whole thread on this). But the earlier the better, I imagine.

If it's a mall location, they may or may not let people in before the mall opens, that depends heavily on the mall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.