Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mm1250

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
I'm trying to understand the new T-Mobile offering for the iPad Air. I'm currently NOT a Tmo customer.

So starting midnight tonight, I can buy a iPad Air through Tmobile, get the 200MB data package for free, and amortize it 0% over 24-months? So my payment might be 27~ish a month?

Someone confirm, if so i'm buying 2 of them.

Right now I pay $15/mo for the ATT data package. If the above is true this is a no brainier for me.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
That's in like 3 to 5 hours from now depending on time-zone
You're asking about T-Mobile so I'm assuming you're in the US. According to my calendar, it's just October 30, Wednesday today. There's still October 31 before you get to November 1... :rolleyes:

csrini1

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
It doesn't have to be via tmobile, you can buy tmobile ipad from apple store also, right?

mm1250

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
You're asking about T-Mobile so I'm assuming you're in the US. According to my calendar, it's just October 30, Wednesday today. There's still October 31 before you get to November 1... :rolleyes:

My bad.. . thought it was the 31st. :confused:

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I went to tmobile today and they said I pay half of device cost plus $50 & $10 for sim. That like $500 all together since I'm going for 64gb ipad air

Epiphron

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
I went to tmobile today and they said I pay half of device cost plus $50 & $10 for sim. That like $500 all together since I'm going for 64gb ipad air

why would you pay for the sim when apple sells it to you with the sim included?

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
1 - The payment plan stands by itself.

2 - The 200mb free plan stands by itself.

There are a few other threads all about this. You might want to read those.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
When I add up the payments I don't see sales tax included. How do they charge the tax? Or do they tax each payment?

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA

what does this mean, in relation to the free 200mb plan.
also, Tmo tries to make you buy SIMs. I told them I wouldn't pay for it and they gave me one. I was setting up their service on a used iPhone.

MajorTCS

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
Farmington CT
The T-Mobile offer has no teeth. My local store, in a big mall! is only receiving four units on Friday. All the speculation is meaningless if they have no stock!

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2011
California
The T-Mobile offer has no teeth. My local store, in a big mall! is only receiving four units on Friday. All the speculation is meaningless if they have no stock!

Stock doesn't matter. This is NOT promotional or limited time pricing. Even if this guy bought the iPad in January 2014, the offer would still be there.

applegeek25

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
Toronto, ON
I'm not really a fan of the whole "pay for your phone/tablet in monthly instalments" strategy. I realize that it's 0% interest and all, but let's get realistic here: If you can't afford to pay for the device upfront, then you shouldn't be buying it in the first place.

IMHO, the only items that should warrant monthly payments are the typical high-end purchases: a new home, car, education, etc...not a $600-$800 tablet that will lose its status in a year when the next one is released.

No offence to anyone here, but it's almost laughable that some people would be willing to give up a hard inquiry on their credit profile just to finance a $600 tablet for 200MB/mo free data.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
If I buy this for in store pickup will I be able to return it to an apple store?

Probably...On Apples return web site, it does state that if one purchases the product via online store, you cannot return it to a Store, but some have done it, and some have been told no.

Doing this online, and in store pick-up throws a monkey wrench into the mix. The rep I talked to asked me instead of returning by mail my iPhone I should just take it to an Apple store, but sometimes rep's are wrong (I mailed mine in). May want to call Apple to verify, but than again, that rep might be wrong as well.

See the screw up ?

Thepoobear

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2013
I'm not really a fan of the whole "pay for your phone/tablet in monthly instalments" strategy. I realize that it's 0% interest and all, but let's get realistic here: If you can't afford to pay for the device upfront, then you shouldn't be buying it in the first place.

IMHO, the only items that should warrant monthly payments are the typical high-end purchases: a new home, car, education, etc...not a $600-$800 tablet that will lose its status in a year when the next one is released.

No offence to anyone here, but it's almost laughable that some people would be willing to give up a hard inquiry on their credit profile just to finance a $600 tablet for 200MB/mo free data.

Thanks for your ppomi

keatth

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2013
If I'm already paying for two phones with EIP's, can I also add the iPad Air?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Probably...On Apples return web site, it does state that if one purchases the product via online store, you cannot return it to a Store, but some have done it, and some have been told no.

Doing this online, and in store pick-up throws a monkey wrench into the mix. The rep I talked to asked me instead of returning by mail my iPhone I should just take it to an Apple store, but sometimes rep's are wrong (I mailed mine in). May want to call Apple to verify, but than again, that rep might be wrong as well.

See the screw up ?

I bought an airport express a few weeks ago and returned. The return process has a radio button, clearly stated returning to store or print ship labels.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.