Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Recscue

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2021
Have you had any luck with this? I'm having the same issue
I’m still running on my set up though I’ve recently added a KVM to make it even easier to switch inputs. The KVM is capped to 60hz and 4K but that’s fine with the XDR since it shares the hz limit.

As for the issues, the only thing I can add is that my HDMI settings are all enabled in the PS5 system settings.

flapflapflap

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
I’m still running on my set up though I’ve recently added a KVM to make it even easier to switch inputs. The KVM is capped to 60hz and 4K but that’s fine with the XDR since it shares the hz limit.

As for the issues, the only thing I can add is that my HDMI settings are all enabled in the PS5 system settings.
Can you share which KVM? Thanks.

secretone

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2007
Wondering if it matters which port you use on the back of the XDR as well as whether the cable must NOT be a thunderbolt cable

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Wondering if it matters which port you use on the back of the XDR as well as whether the cable must NOT be a thunderbolt cable?
Only one port on the XDR can be used for DisplayPort+USB or Thunderbolt input. Some Thunderbolt cables can do non-Thunderbolt signals (non-active or short Thunderbolt 3 cables or Thunderbolt 4 cables or Apple's Thunderbolt 3 Pro cable).

jlewis1

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2022
I have my PS5 working with my XDR @4k using the following.

This is all awesome stuff, but I would like to avoid swapping the cables on the XDR so much between my Mac and the PS5. I saw that using @Recscue had success with this extension

But I am curious if anyone has had any luck with this device? Switching between Mac and PS5?

thegreatmamba

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2022
Have you had any luck with this? I'm having the same issue
Are you able to go past it? I ordered the same combo as Recscue suggested though haven't received it yet. Just wanted to know how likely it is to face/go past this issue. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Scottsworth

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2010
Hi all, recent purchaser of the Apple Studio Monitor and PS5 and trying to get these to play nice with each-other haha.

Was hoping to buy the below combo to get this working; however, both products are now unavailable (indefinitely it seems):

Has anyone found another converter that works similarly, or another solution altogether? Would be eternally grateful for any insight here!!

Thanks in advance!

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Here's a list of their converters:
https://www.siig.com/av-products/converters/hdmi-to/displayport.html

This one is older and has dip switches to select and EDID, like the original gofanco:
https://www.siig.com/hdmi-2-0-to-displayport-1-2-converter-4kx2k-60hz.html

The one you linked has an EDID learning mode like the newer gofanco so maybe that will be useful, compared to the other HDMI to DisplayPort adapters.

aaronssp

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2023
Reactions: pbridge354

BillyZee

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2023
For those who got their PS5 to display on their Apple Studio Display, how's the resolution like? Have you noticed the display not being sharp due to 4k being displayed on a 5k display?

Chesapeaked

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2023
Anyone have an update on this? :)
I have an update (as of March 7, 2024) - I found a solution that works for both my Apple Pro Display XDR and my (previously sold by Apple) LG 5K monitor.

Background:

As noted in other posts, there are two (2) components needed to connect a PS5 to a Apple Pro Display XDR:

1) The CableCreation 8K Bi-Directional USB C to DisplayPort Cable (available from Amazon, which I purchased) and,

2) An HDMI to DisplayPort (DP) converter - either from SIIG or Gofanco.

I've been searching the Internet for either the SIIG or Gofanco HDMI to DP converters mentioned in
previous posts in this thread. No luck.

I did recently find something which looked like it might work - the Gofanco PRO-HDMI2DP and bought that to
try out.

Testing:

Note: The PRO-HDMI2DP has 2 dip switches that have to be set for the resolution and refresh rate you want (the included manual provides the setting choices/options).

Nintendo Switch
First, I changed the PRO-HDMI2DP switch settings to 1080p 60Hz and I connected my Nintendo Switch/docking unit to the PRO-HDMI2DP and connected my LG 5K monitor - after a few seconds the LG monitor showed the Switch main menu. I was able to play a couple of games on my LG monitor. I then connected my Switch and XDR and was able to do the same.

My setup was:

Switch dock HDMI Out to PRO-HDMI2DP HDMI In.
CableCreation 8K cable DisplayPort into PRO-HDMI2DP DisplayPort.
CableCreation 8K cable USB Type C into monitor (LG 5K or XDR) USB Type C.

PS5
Next, I changed the PRO-HDMI2DP switch settings to 4096x2160 60Hz and connected my PS5 & XDR to the PRO-HDMI2DP & CableCreation 8K cable and again, after a short delay (some seconds), the XDR had the PS5 menu showing. I was able to also play a couple of PS5 games on my XDR. I didn't test the LG 5K monitor with the PS5. I also did not spend any extended time playing on either monitor - I didn't see any glitches in my brief test (about 20 minutes).

BTW - for sound, I connected the PRO-HDMI2DP audio Out to my: Sonos Port - the Sonos Port is joined with my 2 Sonos Move speakers.

I am sufficiently happy with how this setup works and very glad to finally play my PS5 games on my XDR!

Last edited:

toniwonkanobi

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2018
Northern California
I have an update (as of March 7, 2024) - I found a solution that works for both my Apple Pro Display XDR and my (previously sold by Apple) LG 5K monitor.

Background:

As noted in other posts, there are two (2) components needed to connect a PS5 to a Apple Pro Display XDR:

1) The CableCreation 8K Bi-Directional USB C to DisplayPort Cable (available from Amazon, which I purchased) and,

2) An HDMI to DisplayPort (DP) converter - either from SIIG or Gofanco.

I've been searching the Internet for either the SIIG or Gofanco HDMI to DP converters mentioned in
previous posts in this thread. No luck.

I did recently find something which looked like it might work - the Gofanco PRO-HDMI2DP and bought that to
try out.

Testing:

Note: The PRO-HDMI2DP has 2 dip switches that have to be set for the resolution and refresh rate you want (the included manual provides the setting choices/options).

Nintendo Switch
First, I changed the PRO-HDMI2DP switch settings to 1080p 60Hz and I connected my Nintendo Switch/docking unit to the PRO-HDMI2DP and connected my LG 5K monitor - after a few seconds the LG monitor showed the Switch main menu. I was able to play a couple of games on my LG monitor. I then connected my Switch and XDR and was able to do the same.

My setup was:

Switch dock HDMI Out to PRO-HDMI2DP HDMI In.
CableCreation 8K cable DisplayPort into PRO-HDMI2DP DisplayPort.
CableCreation 8K cable USB Type C into monitor (LG 5K or XDR) USB Type C.

PS5
Next, I changed the PRO-HDMI2DP switch settings to 4096x2160 60Hz and connected my PS5 & XDR to the PRO-HDMI2DP & CableCreation 8K cable and again, after a short delay (some seconds), the XDR had the PS5 menu showing. I was able to also play a couple of PS5 games on my XDR. I didn't test the LG 5K monitor with the PS5. I also did not spend any extended time playing on either monitor - I didn't see any glitches in my brief test (about 20 minutes).

BTW - for sound, I connected the PRO-HDMI2DP audio Out to my: Sonos Port - the Sonos Port is joined with my 2 Sonos Move speakers.

I am sufficiently happy with how this setup works and very glad to finally play my PS5 games on my XDR!
Wow! Glad that's all working out nicely. I'll definitely have to check in on this. I bought all the stuff, but haven't gotten them time to just plug it in and try it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.