Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Hey guys look, someone doesn't understand the slippery slope of how government abuses power!

The patriot act was supposed to be for terrorism. 99.9% of what it gets used for is not terrorism. It's drugs. So please, give the government more power :rolleyes:

Oh believe me I DO understand how they abuse power. Especially over the past 6 years :) However, obtaining cell phone location data is not quite the same. All I am saying.

B2k1977

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2009
Yeah, this seems overly broad. Oh, our big, beautiful "umbrella of safety".

It's only a beautiful umbrella until they turn on us. It'll happen one day. Hopefully I won't be alive to see it in full swing.

----------

Privacy issues aside - What I don't understand is why we communicate things like this. If this is truly to 'catch the bad guys' why on earth do we put this out there.

Hey bad guy - here is the technology we are using and where we are using it. Here is how it works and what we do with the data. Nothing to see here, don't mind us.

it's to cover their asses because they're doing it to ALL OF US. If it REALLY was an effort to stop crime, we wouldn't know about it at all. it's pure C.Y.A.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.