Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wildkraut

Suspended
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
Wow! she used a term. You or I have no idea if she, or any other senators actually understand what it means.
Sounds like she does, just watch, have fun:

But don’t worry, they will stay rich with the upcoming open AppStore, and you will be able to continue throwing money at them.

And even if she does not, using that term will lead to a discussion about it, it won’t silently disappear under the table.

pacalis

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2011
I really don't know, but I'm deeply concerned at some - not all - of the criticisms Apple faces. They're increasingly familiar and not all seem to come from a simply, genuine motive.

Probably most of this boils down to the fact that Klobochar is a hyper-productive narcissist and thus Apple must tremble before her.

Last edited:

nostaws

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2006
I’m sympathetic to tile. They are totally getting hosed by Apple. And apple absolutely uses that fact that it’s their phone and code to their advantage.

But it’s their OS and their phone.

maybe tile should develop their own phone to connect with tiles
Or hire some developers to develop their own android fork that has this kind of integration on a tile phone.

frenchcamp49er

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
I’m sympathetic to tile. They are totally getting hosed by Apple. And apple absolutely uses that fact that it’s their phone and code to their advantage.

Or hire some developers to develop their own android fork that has this kind of integration on a tile phone.
Tile is not the only company that makes these type of devices. I had them, they were less than useful. Dumped them years ago.

Reactions: pacalis

pacalis

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2011

My sense is that Tile is just another cute supplier of niche, commoditized chinese goods. If they were actually innovative they could sue Apple for infringing their patents, but alas, I don't think they have those.

Wildkraut

Suspended
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
But you don't know of any do you. What have they blocked? I think your a little confused.
Blocked updates, new releases and killed competition

Dash
NHS Covid App in UK
Fortnite
Defold
Facecharm
Hey
MS xCloud App
Facebook
Spotify
Parler
Proton
Stadia
Chaos Computer Club TV App
WordPress
Third party browser engines, to enforce webkit monopoly
Flash
Telegram
Many handy iOS App listing Apps, as we used to have, to track App prices etc.
A few parental Apps were also kicked out just before the introduction of Apple ScreenTime

Just a few ones from a quick search and my memory
Anyway, the unreported cases are far higher...

Apple shouldn’t be able to block anything, just the user should...

frenchcamp49er

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
Blocked updates, new releases and killed competition

Dash
NHS Covid App in UK
Fortnite
Defold
Facecharm
Hey
MS xCloud App
Facebook
Spotify
Parler
Proton
Stadia
Chaos Computer Club TV App
WordPress
Third party browser engines, to enforce webkit monopoly
Flash
Telegram
Many handy iOS App listing Apps, as we used to have, to track App prices etc.
A few parental Apps were also kicked out just before the introduction of Apple ScreenTime

Just a few ones from a quick search and my memory
Anyway, the unreported cases are far higher...

Apple shouldn’t be able to block anything, just the user should...
All of or most of those apps are in the App Store. If they were blocked it was a term or service issue or by another’s country government. Flash died on its own as it should have and WebKit is used in most modern browsers. Your still wrong.

Wildkraut

Suspended
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
All of or most of those apps are in the App Store. If they were blocked it was a term or service issue or by another’s country government. Flash died on its own as it should have and WebKit is used in most modern browsers. Your still wrong.
They are in the AppStore, because Apple Mafia forced them to change as they wanted. But yeah i can’t make blind ones see. Anyway, court around the globe will fox tgat, I’m confident.

Wildkraut

Suspended
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
Yes they should. We have a fundamental disagreement. They shouldn't be able to delete an app from the users device, which they can’t.
Agree to disagree, i’m for opt-in freedom, and you for a total control aka dictatorship, monopoly, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.