Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAppleOrchard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2022
Colorado
Greetings! On the right of the image below is the internals of the second generation Siri Remote:
63KI3Mco1eLMhwXX.medium

However, I lose my remote a lot.

Apple could have fixed this solution, but they chose not to.

I am wondering if its possible for Apple the add the U1 chip to the Siri Remote.

Personally, I think Apple could fix finding the remote with the U1 chip so we can precision find it with Find My.

I see a lot of unused space inside of the Siri Remote, and the battery in the remote is insane. Almost no one will notice their remote dying.

What do you think of this?

• Haha
Reactions: Roy Hobbs

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
However, I lose my remote a lot.

1. Purchase a lanyard. Doubles the length of the remote which often makes it findable.

2. Purchase a case with an airtag holder. This one also has a lanyard.

3. Place an airtag on the back of the remote. For my larger remotes I use museum putty to fasten it which works just fine.

w5jck

Suspended
Nov 9, 2013
4. Just take care of your stuff 😁
LOL! I agree, but I live alone with no pets large enough to carry it off to their hiding spot. I'm sure people with children and/or dogs might have issues with it going missing though. My cats will carry off any small thing like a smartphone earpiece and hide it like a packrat does! Thankfully they are too small to carry the remote away though.

levander

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
It’s an insult to Apple users that the current Siri Remote doesn’t support Find My. Still can’t believe Apple didn’t include that.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
LOL! I agree, but I live alone with no pets large enough to carry it off to their hiding spot. I'm sure people with children and/or dogs might have issues with it going missing though. My cats will carry off any small thing like a smartphone earpiece and hide it like a packrat does! Thankfully they are too small to carry the remote away though.
I have stress tested it with small kids, and we've always found it relatively quick! The idea sounds great, but in practice, I really doubt it is worth the added cost.

That being said, we have colorful skins on ours, so it easily stands out.

theotherphil

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2012
I'm assuming that you don't lose your phone as you'd need that to use FindMy to find the Siri Remote?

Why not just use the remote app from the phone?

levander

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
I'm assuming that you don't lose your phone as you'd need that to use FindMy to find the Siri Remote?

Why not just use the remote app from the phone?

If that’s a serious question, I use Find My in my iPad to find my iPhone the odd time here or there I lose It.

Maybe you guys don’t understand the import of Find My on the Siri Remote don’t have more than one Apple device? So you’ve never seen in your daily life how useful it is? And can’t just imagine it?

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
I have just started a post about this, and then seen this post.

Clearly I’m not the only user that feels that FindMy should be integrated into the remotes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.