Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vado

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2016
Livingston, United Kingdom
How do you add it as a source to the TV app? I can’t get it to show up under connected apps!

Edit: Typically, it shows up a minute after I asked...

I actually think I’ve found a slight bug with UKTV Play app and the TV app integration on tvOS.

When ever I’ve finished watching an episode of something on my Apple TV, Taskmaster in my case for some reason on tvOS it doesn’t add the next episode to my ‘Up Next’ list, it just shows the episode I’ve finished watching with either Resume/Continue. If you click on it, it just restarts the episode you’ve just finished watching?

It works fine when watching on my iPad and iPhone though and the ‘Up Next’ updates correctly on those devices and tvOS via iCloud.

I’ve tweeted UKTV to report it and their head of connected apps replied to me saying he’d get his team to investigate.

Ive tried reinstalling the app/rebooting both my Apple TV’s and resetting my watched data for the UKTV Play app, but no luck.

Be interested to know if anyone else has got this glitch as well?

Last edited:

Aidoneus

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2009
I actually think I’ve found a slight bug with UKTV Play app and the TV app integration on tvOS.

When ever I’ve finished watching an episode of something on my Apple TV, Taskmaster in my case for some reason on tvOS it doesn’t add the next episode to my ‘Up Next’ list, it just shows the episode I’ve finished watching with either Resume/Continue. If you click on it, it just restarts the episode you’ve just finished watching?

It works fine when watching on my iPad and iPhone though and the ‘Up Next’ updates correctly on those devices and tvOS via iCloud.

I’ve tweeted UKTV to report it and their head of connected apps replied to me saying he’d get his team to investigate.

Ive tried reinstalling the app/rebooting both my Apple TV’s and resetting my watched data for the UKTV Play app, but no luck.

Be interested to know if anyone else has got this glitch as well?

I’m seeing exactly the same thing. Good to know it’s been raised!
[doublepost=1560864451][/doublepost]
Can you nod to tell us it’ll be worth the wait?

I’m also under the NDA, so can’t comment on the app itself.

Here’s a screenshot of the TV App settings though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 341

Vado

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2016
Livingston, United Kingdom
I’m seeing exactly the same thing. Good to know it’s been raised!
[doublepost=1560864451][/doublepost]

I’m also under the NDA, so can’t comment on the app itself.

Here’s a screenshot of the TV App settings though.

Glad the UKTV Play issue is a bug and not just a problem on my setup.

So, no TV app integration for the new NowTV app (for the moment) then.

simont90

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
TV app has so much more potential if major players (sky, bt & virgin) would play ball. Imagine a world where sky’s box sets were all accessible from the tv app... maybe one day

simont90

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Good news guys, those of you that use NowTV - looks like there is an appetite for them to be working on the TV integration... I’m a beta tester and I can’t share too much but it’s coming in the works when the full app launches. Should hopefully put the service closer to being on par with how it is in the US!

Sakurambo-kun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2015
UK
Good news guys, those of you that use NowTV - looks like there is an appetite for them to be working on the TV integration... I’m a beta tester and I can’t share too much but it’s coming in the works when the full app launches. Should hopefully put the service closer to being on par with how it is in the US!

You've just breached your NDA. Non disclosure means just that. You say nothing to anybody.

simont90

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
You've just breached your NDA. Non disclosure means just that. You say nothing to anybody.
There’s no NDA with this beta, just not much to tell at the moment - I haven’t signed anything to breach anything just thought I’d give an update which btw is on the NowTV Forums

BMox81

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2014
United Kingdom
There’s no NDA with this beta, just not much to tell at the moment - I haven’t signed anything to breach anything just thought I’d give an update which btw is on the NowTV Forums

As soon as you sign up you’re agreeing not to say anything. That’s the whole point of being on the beta....

simont90

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
The current Apple TV app is horrendous its a port from the Apple TV 3... I hope the new version sees the light of day. I know there was a failed beta last year which never went anywhere. Don't believe it went beyond the 3rd seed which is always a worry!
[automerge]1591742423[/automerge]
This app has been in testing for what feels like years. Feels vapourware
It does exist... but it's far from ready from release. My guess would be Q3/Q4 release at the very best. I'd love to be proved wrong and see their name up on a board during WWDC when TVOS14 is spoken about though!

Farsider

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2014
London, UK
Netflix, Prime and others push out app revisions on monthly basis. Hell even, NOW get regular revisions of their iOS and Android out in a timely manner.

I wonder how many (or not) developers they have on this if its taken 3 years to only get to what sounds like a pre-beta state. It really doesn't sound like its a priority.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Well in the States we have a semi-silent protest to ISPs TV high prices by Antennas calling the movement as “Cutting The Cord”! Even City kids are finding that cutting the cord picture is better than the compressed cable!

Sakurambo-kun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2015
UK
This app has been in testing for what feels like years. Feels vapourware

I've been in both betas so I can assure you that the app exists. I have no idea what Now TV's plan is with it as the amount of communication with testers could be summed as almost none.

ScrumpyDaniel

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2019
NowTV need to fix the logging in bug on AppleTV. We got the Big Sport package with BT which uses NowTV for the Sky Sports channels, so our BT account got linked to a new NowTV account. Logged out of my NowTV account, logged into our new one and it said 'Apple Forbidden'.

Quick check on their forum and the only way to fix it was factory resetting the Apple TV itself. Did that and it did indeed work. Ridiculous that's the only fix however.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.