Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tyc0746

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2019
Liverpool, UK
Where are you seeing that? I’m getting £225.
£495 is for a working, unlocked 64gb iPhone 11 Pro.

2020-11-04_12-58-34.jpg

Reactions: James Godfrey

sorinc03

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2009
Thanks all - I got my phone back, thankfully in the same condition I sent it. Of course, Face ID and the camera flash works, as does the whole device.

I’ll try to send it to one of the other options mentioned, or perhaps to Apple (Brightstar) for £555 credit, which isn’t too bad.

what are your thoughts on a small claims case against Musicmagpie for falsely claiming my device was faulty to get out of honoring their quote?

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Thanks all - I got my phone back, thankfully in the same condition I sent it. Of course, Face ID and the camera flash works, as does the whole device.

I’ll try to send it to one of the other options mentioned, or perhaps to Apple (Brightstar) for £555 credit, which isn’t too bad.

what are your thoughts on a small claims case against Musicmagpie for falsely claiming my device was faulty to get out of honoring their quote?
Don’t even bother. Just forget about it and send it to another reseller.

Just double check that they have sent back the same phone (IMEI)

Reactions: ascender

will0407

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2006

I think at best they'd offer you to send it in again. FWIW I've sent multiple phones in to music magpie and never had a problem, always paid out full price quoted. Also used re-buy for the first time last week. Was slightly apprehensive as the phone conditions on there are more specific. e.g instead of Good or poor, it's like new, good etc etc. The 256gb XS I sent in was like new but I didn't know if they'd try and knock it down. Thankfully they paid full price the same day they received it

MrJM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
I’d give plunc a go. Always very reliable and the prices are fair. I’ve sent them phones, watches, iPads and never had an issue!

iMatt.

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Cupertino
I had a poor experience with Music Magpie similar to yours, got it sent back (took 2 weeks) and then sent it to Mazuma and got full price.

sorinc03

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2009
I got the phone back on Saturday, tested to make sure it works and sent it to Goodbuytech yesterday. Roughly 24 hours since dropping off at the post office, I’ve just received a reply saying they’ll pay full price (£550).

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
I always sell my Apple devices in person (no shipping) and have them sign a paper that says they received it in good conditions and that they are excluded from any warranty claims and no return. Actually asked legal at work to proof read it

beerglass007

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
I was offered £300 for my iPad Pro 10.5. Send it off and they said the screen had white spot damage and offered me £19

I asked them to return the iPad and its comes back without Plastic sleeve inside box, Apple charger and cable. Contacted them and they said its in their T&Cs they dont need to send it back in the same box etc

NOT HAPPY

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
I was offered £300 for my iPad Pro 10.5. Send it off and they said the screen had white spot damage and offered me £19

I asked them to return the iPad and its comes back without Plastic sleeve inside box, Apple charger and cable. Contacted them and they said its in their T&Cs they dont need to send it back in the same box etc

NOT HAPPY
Surely that’s illegal, you should be sent the item back exactly as it was sent to them, I would get in touch with trading standards about this if I was you

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I once sent in a Samsung phone to Mazuma. When I sent it in it was in immaculate condition. They said it had a smashed display and screen damage. I asked for it to be returned. It was returned and was not in the same condition as when I sent it in. The screen was cracked and the display was damaged. So it either happened in transit or they did it whilst testing it. Luckily I had insurance and got the screen replaced and the excess was only $30. Since then I’ve either taken my phones for in store trade in or sold privately.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom

NOT HAPPY
If they have sent the iPad back to you without the charger you supplied, that is theft if they are refusing to admit the mistake. I’d be reporting them to trading standards and escalating your complaint to the very top. Try finding their directors through LinkedIn, I’ve gone this route many times with companies and it gets results.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.