Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thebrochure

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2021
You know things are messed up when the Queen of England understands the benefits of capitalism more than some within the United State's own government.

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
You know things are messed up when the Queen of England understands the benefits of capitalism more than some within the United State's own government.
You think she’s the source of the policy she’s going to read out?

ric22

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2022
Boris and his cronies embarrassing the UK again. They must have negotiated some cracking backhanders. Only thing they're good at, if you don't count drumming up xenophobia and nationalism.

Thebrochure

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2021
You think she’s the source of the policy she’s going to read out?
I would imagine she at least wants to know what she's endorsing before she goes out in front of the world and says so... yes. To what degree, that's another issue.

Still, she obviously "gets it".

incoherent_1

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2016
I've always wondered if fines like the EU proposed 10% of global revenue are legal. I can see them making a case for the revenue from EU countries but not this business of thinking they have any rights to any part of revenue deriving from other countries.
I think the idea is that the size of the fine scales to the size of the business and they decided to use that as the benchmark, rather than any mindset that the EU is entitled to revenue derived from elsewhere.

Not that I agree or disagree with the EU’s position here.

Piplodocus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
Maybe Boris Johnson will start taking advantage of Brexit to make the UK more attractive to outside investment.
By making tax loopholes to only help the rich and buddying up with Russian Oligarchs? I thought that was the plan all along?

Reactions: ric22

Piplodocus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
Maybe after Nadine Dorris told Microsoft they should get rid of algorithms, the government was too embarassed to be thinking it had any right to suggest anything to tech companies since it has so little competence for what it's doing. I'd laugh, but these f**kwits are running my country. (I avoided calling them muppets, because Kermit & friends can organise far less of a s**t-show)

insoft.uk

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2018
Just as well as the government can’t even govern the UK never mind managing big corporations like Apple.

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
I would imagine she at least wants to know what she's endorsing before she goes out in front of the world and says so... yes. To what degree, that's another issue.

Still, she obviously "gets it".
I would hope she aligns with whatever policy she's reading out, but what I've learned about the royal family over the last couple of years has me wondering exactly why it even exists anymore and how it can possibly be remotely related to governance. It's literally a business. I distrust political entities far more when they're also business entities or entangled with financial interests that do not solely benefit the society they're supposed to serve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.