Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Thanks mods for changing the title so quickly. Seems some other euro stores are down ( I haven't checked) so maybe someone will petition for another change :rolleyes:

My prediction is Apple announces the imminent release of the iPhone with vibrate and slide out keyboard in the UK market right now with T-mobile (cos of their cheap flat data plan).

A body can have a dream... (and no 2-month FCC review is needed for UK phone market, just some sort of other less onerous certification).

---

ps it was fun reporting my own post to the mods :D

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
If it were product updates, surely other stores would be down?

EDIT: I really should read the whole thread before posting, idiot. :p

*Hopes for portable updates*

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
My prediction is Apple announces the imminent release of the iPhone with vibrate and slide out keyboard in the UK market right now with T-mobile (cos of their cheap flat data plan).

My prediction is almost no change. Perhaps a new special offer, perhaps a new third party product. Just like the previous Sunday closures over the last few months that I mentioned in my previous post in this thread.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
My prediction is almost no change. Perhaps a new special offer, perhaps a new third party product. Just like the previous Sunday closures over the last few months that I mentioned in my previous post in this thread.

I think you're probably right but could also be Mini updates. It's due an update right about .... NOW.

*Again, hopes for portable updates but seems unlikely*

net26

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2006
hey apple, how 'bout a price drop on the 80gig iPod? €399 compared to $349 (US) is a HUUUUGE difference! (€399 is something like $520 US, making the difference $170)

IEatApples

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2004
Northern Hemisphere (Norway)
I'm thinking the iPhone stuff:

Attachments

• Bilde 1.png
    Bilde 1.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Bilde 3.png
    Bilde 3.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 77

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
I've spent about the last hour and a half refreshing the UK Apple Store page every two minutes or so. If it doesn't come back online soon, I'm going to be too tired to go to school tomorrow. Innocent children will fail their mock GCSEs because I couldn't teach them properly. They won't be able to get jobs and they'll contribute, perhaps catastrophically, to the national debt caused by the rapidly increasing amount of benefits paid-out by the government.

Come on, Apple, think of Britain's future. Just release iLife...

Retired
May 16, 2006
I've spent about the last hour and a half refreshing the UK Apple Store page every two minutes or so. If it doesn't come back online soon, I'm going to be too tired to go to school tomorrow. Innocent children will fail their mock GCSEs because I couldn't teach them properly. They won't be able to get jobs and they'll contribute, perhaps catastrophically, to the national debt caused by the rapidly increasing amount of benefits paid-out by the government.

Come on, Apple, think of Britain's future. Just release iLife...

I'm gonna fail my mocks anyway:D

The Scotsman

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2007
whole site not down

I'm thinking the iPhone stuff:

Would the whole site not be down if that were the case. They are not selling the iPhone yet so why close the store. They would just upload new site and we wold get it the moment it was on server.

The Scotsman

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2007
true video iPod

Maybe they are launching the true video iPod and using europe as a testing stage before launching it in the u.s. "wake up son your crunchy nut corn flakes are ready" :eek:

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
The o2 online shop was also down today for a few hours.

I was hoping they would finally release the o2 XDA Zinc, which is supposed to be out any day now, and is kinda like the iPhone but with slide out keyboard and 3G and windows (!).

It's just come back up, with a few new offers, but the main change for me is that they're now saying they won't release it till march!

Sod that. I'm leaving o2 and am off to join T-mobile now and get the T-Mobile Vario II which is the exact same phone only in a neat RedTomato style red colour :)

It'll keep me going till the next few iPhone models come out.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
It has to be something important. Don't think it'll be the iPhone, there's still a long way, plus the iPhone is still only a US sort of thing , IMO.

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
2ghz Mac Mini!

I find it funny how many of you guys are crying out for iLife and iWorks. Like do you use these apps every day?

Even if that's the case I can get it quicker and for less money from my favourite electronic software distributor :rolleyes:

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
2ghz Mac Mini!

I find it funny how many of you guys are crying out for iLife and iWorks. Like do you use these apps every day?

Even if that's the case I can get it quicker and for less money from my favourite electronic software distributor :rolleyes:

I use them every day?...

adav

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2006
I think they are probably adding release dates/times to airport extreme and appletv instead of just 'February'.

I do hope they hurry up, my router failed this morning and i want to buy a new airport to replace it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.