Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Saucey.

I'm next to my bed, so not far away, a quick dash i could be under the covers in 2 seconds.

Anyway I'm watching World's Wildest Police Chase.

Even while Green Wing is on, or do you not have more4?

Samaritan

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2006
Oxfordshire, UK
For Euro stores only to be down, it has to be one of two things:

1. Euro specific product updates... maybe pricing, but can't think of any specifics.. or..

2. Routine maintenance as its overnight at their quietest time (in my opinion much more likely)

The US etc. stores wouln't be down for routine stuff in the middle of the day..

Sam

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
For Euro stores only to be down, it has to be one of two things:

1. Euro specific product updates... maybe pricing, but can't think of any specifics.. or..

2. Routine maintenance as its overnight at their quietest time (in my opinion much more likely)

The US etc. stores wouln't be down for routine stuff in the middle of the day..

Sam

No. This simply can't be true. I've been refreshing that page for nearly three hours now. It's iLife, I tell you, iLife...

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Me too. It's terrible in a low class American way, but quite entertaining to see the stupid stuff people do.

Great minds.

BTW i got bored and started browsing your site. Really like TimeWaster and the feature set you added to it.

Perhaps it will show just how much time i spend trying to find a really good defensive midfielder for my squad (Football manager 2007)

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Any browser that can refresh a page automatically in about every X minutes?

Put this in script editor and hit run

tell application "Safari"
repeat
open location "http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore"
delay 60
end repeat
end tell

IEatApples

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2004
Northern Hemisphere (Norway)
I wish they'll be done soon. I can't go to sleep until I know if they've updated the iPod.
I'd just placed my order when the store went down. :(
Now I must wait and see if I have to cancel the order before it ships tomorrow.

jonharris200

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2006
London, UK
I wonder how much these guys get paid working at this time on Sunday Night
Maybe Apple uses time zones to their advantage and those managing any given country's online store are in a different country that's several hours behind or something.

Eg the UK store could be updated from the US, the US store could be updated from the Pacific coast or further out, etc. Seems far-fetched but it's just a thought, they might save money doing it.

(Then again, it's not exactly as if they need to save money).

gavd

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2006
Maybe Apple uses time zones to their advantage and those managing any given country's online store are in a different country that's several hours behind or something.

Eg the UK store could be updated from the US, the US store could be updated from the Pacific coast or further out, etc. Seems far-fetched but it's just a thought, they might save money doing it.

(Then again, it's not exactly as if they need to save money).

Interesting idea.

Of course, they could have people contracted to work overnight and not have to pay them any overtime. Not sure how likely that is - just another thought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.