Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applespider

macrumors G4
The refurb section has been rearranged. It used to be iMac, then Mac Mini, then the MacBooks, then the big iron.

I always had to scroll way down when checking laptop refurb prices, as I regularly check to see if C2D laptops have arrived there yet. (I want to get one)

Now the laptops have been moved to the top.

Macbooks and then Macbook Pros were at the top of the refurb store on Sunday afternoon when I was checking the prices for my sis.

mark88

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2004
Macbooks and then Macbook Pros were at the top of the refurb store on Sunday afternoon when I was checking the prices for my sis.

True, I checked the refurb store before it went down and the order was the same as it is now.

Cepe Indicum

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2006
Ok, the UK Store is still down... what's going on?!

Also, it maybe nothing at all and me just being stupid, but when I click on the iPod + iTunes tab it takes me to the US site...? :confused:

Is this always the case (I don't think it is)??

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
Just clicked on your link and it's still down for me... are people experiencing different results? :confused:

when you say "its down" what do you mean? that when u go to that link, you get a server error? Or you get the "store being updated" page? Does the page just hang?

For me, I get the normal apple UK store page - apple tv on front page of store with other products - same with the NL store too..

Cepe Indicum

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2006
when you say "its down" what do you mean? that when u go to that link, you get a server error? Or you get the "store being updated" page? Does the page just hang?

For me, I get the normal apple UK store page - apple tv on front page of store with other products - same with the NL store too..

It's the "we'll be back soon" page... followed by international numbers, etc. The normal update page.

I've tried getting into it from many different 'directions' now, but no success. Still getting diverted to the US pages when I click on the iPod + iTunes tab too, not sure if you're getting the same??

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
It's the "we'll be back soon" page... followed by international numbers, etc. The normal update page.

I've tried getting into it from many different 'directions' now, but no success. Still getting diverted to the US pages when I click on the iPod + iTunes tab too, not sure if you're getting the same??

ipod + itunes goes to the UK page.. no problem there

hmm.. you think it could be a caching issue? i just cleared mine down and it still goes to the store ok..

hmm.. anyone else try this pls?

EDIT: I've tried this in IE and FF (on a pc) and everything works fine.. cleared cache etc.. too..

Cepe Indicum

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2006
Ok... it gets more interesting.

The UK Store is STILL down for me, and regarding the iPod+iTunes thing, it only goes to the US site when I click on the tab from the Store! :confused:

If I go to the UK homepage and click on the iPod+iTunes tab, it works fine. Think it must be my browser, but everything else is working fine.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Cepe Indicum said:
Still getting diverted to the US pages when I click on the iPod + iTunes tab too, not sure if you're getting the same??

When the store was down for me last night i also experienced this. But now the store is back up normal service is resumed.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
Ok... it gets more interesting.

The UK Store is STILL down for me, and regarding the iPod+iTunes thing, it only goes to the US site when I click on the tab from the Store! :confused:

If I go to the UK homepage and click on the iPod+iTunes tab, it works fine. Think it must be my browser, but everything else is working fine.

try deleting your cache/temp files?

Cepe Indicum

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2006
Guessing it's just me then. Typical, I don't buy from the Store that often, but I actually want to order something... just my luck :rolleyes:

I take it - due to the lack of excitement in peoples' posts - that nothing has been added to the Store?

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
Guessing it's just me then. Typical, I don't buy from the Store that often, but I actually want to order something... just my luck :rolleyes:

I take it - due to the lack of excitement in peoples' posts - that nothing has been added to the Store?

they had a 100% off sale.. sadly everything has gone now.. it's too late :D

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
The only difference that I can see is that the refurb MBs have gone UP in price.

The base CD model was £529 and now it has gone back up to £599.

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
I think this was just some clean up work, mainly in the refurb section (which, for us is actually a new feature)
They missed out some Apple Computers inc. to Apple inc. stuff it seems, and I think they restyled some hardware parts, but I'm not sure if that occured now or a while ago.

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
I think there is something new that has been implemented. They now seem to have a "Most Popular Configurations" panel in the top right hand corned when you click on an iMac (or at least the 24" one anyway). Was that there before?

Edit: And by top right, I obviously meant top left. It's been a hard day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.