Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
On the back usually makes more ergonomic sense when pulling out of pocket while on the front makes more sense when sitting on a desk. To cover all bases why not both on back and in-screen on front?

Newton’s Apple

Suspended
Feb 6, 2018
It is OK... I care less about iPhone. I have no interest with iPhone. My Android phone works fine and I like it. Won’t look back on iPhone anytime soon.

I however use iPad and I will looking for future iPads. I just got 2 iPad Pro 12.9 inch. Probably will buy future iPad Pro. I would want TouchID.
I prefer my sensor on the back
I too prefer Touch ID but sad it won’t be on future iPhone’s anymore.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
On the back usually makes more ergonomic sense when pulling out of pocket while on the front makes more sense when sitting on a desk. To cover all bases why not both on back and in-screen on front?

Have used multiple Android phones, i am getting used to the back mounted fingerprint sensor. To the point that my hand automatically goes to back for unlock.
[doublepost=1517967937][/doublepost]
I too prefer Touch ID but sad it won’t be on future iPhone’s anymore.

I am much prefer back mounted fingerprint sensor. Maybe Apple can embed the TouchID sensor in the Apple logo.

Newton’s Apple

Suspended
Feb 6, 2018
Have used multiple Android phones, i am getting used to the back mounted fingerprint sensor. To the point that my hand automatically goes to back for unlock.
Finger prints on the back is more easy to unlock the phone.
[doublepost=1517968167][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1517967937][/doublepost]

I am much prefer back mounted fingerprint sensor. Maybe Apple can embed the TouchID sensor in the Apple logo.
But they already stated Face ID is the future and they will foucus on improving it over time. They have ditched the idea of under the display fingerprint sensor a long ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.