Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Momof9

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2018
I can't imagine doing anything like that on my mini 6.... I did get it to take notes at church, carry it sometimes when I am going shopping, especially if I know I might need to do some research on items.... and I use it every night to read on the kindle app.... so much better than my phone....

13 Max Pro
iPad mini 6 (and 5 not being used)
2 - 12.9" iPP (2018 & M1)
2018 Mac mini

14" M1 Pro MBP at least for 2 week trial.... LOL

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
Oh interesting. I’m starting to lean towards just keeping the 11 and waiting. Maybe I pick up a mini 6 for portability when a decent sale hits, but it sounds like the 11 is probably going to stay.
I’m not sure what you consider a decent sale but when I checked yesterday, Best Buy had $100 off all four configuratoons of the pink one. I didn’t check the other colors.

Reactions: zerocharlie

MacRazySwe

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
I have both, and I honestly don't like the mini 6. :/ The jelly-scrolling or stuttering animations is just a poor experience on a brand new iPad. I'm usually not too picky, but it bothers me and is unlike any other iOS device I've used. My iPhone 13 and 2018 iPP are super smooth.

If given the option, I would have returned my mini 6 right away.

This is also a testament to how well the 2018 iPP is holding up.

skardvin

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2015
OP, switching to an iPad Mini 6 from a 2018 Pro is definitely not an “upgrade”.

You‘re literally downgrading into a device with a terrible screen, jelly scroll issues, and awful UI scaling which is such a worse experience than a 2018 Pro. Not to mention the latest charging shambles:

Do yourself a favour and steer clear from this awful device, if you want to upgrade, a new Pro iPad with M2 is just months away.
FYI the charging issue with the iPad Mini 6 was fixed in iOS 15.6.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.