Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

platinumestates

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2024
Simple outcome, I think I am gonna end up with the Hynix
So far, have tested 3 SSD's cause of a scorched earth policy, Don't ask.

Summary, mid 2015 MBP A1398 15 inch with these stats. Basically my Apple SSD was KAPUT, so I only loaded Monterey straight from Internet recovery onto my SSD's using an enclosure after formatting them. No need to have load the OS onto the firmware before changing the SSD internally, in fact I even removed the internal SSD when doing the OS loading so, as long as you have the same computer I do have no fear. Otherwise eh.
View attachment 2369056

Crucial P3 with Long Sintech Adapter
View attachment 2369046
Had the lowest temperature running so far.....will Test P3+ Tomorrow

WD SN750 SE works ONLY with Long Sintech adapter linked above
View attachment 2369051

And the Sabrent I connected with the Short sintech https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08QF7MFB2?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details, ran the hottest from the loading in the SSD enclosure to internal.
View attachment 2369052

I will be testing the Crucial P3+ and Hynix Gold P31 tomorrow and will settle on a card based on power draw and read write speed. From the look at the moment, it might be the Crucial p3+ but we shall see

Simple outcome, I think I am gonna end up with the Hynix

Crucial P3+
IMG_2610.JPG

IMG_2611.JPG

And the surprise winner (for me at this point) is the Hynix
IMG_2612.JPG

IMG_2614.JPG

2600 mb read and write at 2300? I was expecting Hynix to be more or less the same thing as the others but on top of that, with the lowest power draw of all, makes it a no brainer for me.

Reactions: dogen

_SGA_

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2024
Solution to Windows 11 Crash

Hey guys, I just replaced the SSD of my MacBook Air 2014 with NVME ssd using an adapter, than I installed Windows 11 using a bootcamp. Sadly it was booting only in safe mode and every time I try to load Windows normally it were giving me an error "BOOT DISK UNACCESSIBLE".

Sadly there is no information on the internet for this, but I have found the solution.

Solution
Start the Windows in a safe mode. In Power Options go to Edit Plan Settings -> Change advanced power settings -> PCI Express -> Link State Power Managment. Set this to Off and this fixes the problem. Now you can restart the computer in normal mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.