Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
The last iPad I had was an original iPad mini 1. I liked it but when it got unsupported it was pretty worthless. I just bought the iPad mini 6 and let me tell you I am REALLY impressed. I'm super picky with products, have returned over half of what I buy from Apple but it is really nice. The display is an excellent reason to upgrade. It is gorgeous and looks great imo. No jelly scroll issues for me either. If you go to best buy make sure to price match Amazon. Got a 256 model for $550.
They will do that? Darn I lost $100.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Reading and watching movies are not affected by the Jelly Scroll. Scrolling photos or web pages might be visible. You should test it out. I mostly don’t notice it and even when I do, it isn’t a big deal to me.
I bought the liquid screen protector. How can I clean the screen without messing it up?

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Make sure to test a good bit at home as well. Best Buy store lighting as well Apple's lighting doesn't really allow you to experience the screen as you normally would. As such, you may not see it right away.
Seems to be working fine thus far but I need to do more testing.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Reading and watching movies are not affected by the Jelly Scroll. Scrolling photos or web pages might be visible. You should test it out. I mostly don’t notice it and even when I do, it isn’t a big deal to me.
Playing with the Mini 6 for several days now. I think it works excellent and I don’t notice no jelly scrolling nonsense. I will keep it and sell my old mini.

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
I had a Mini 5 and my hand me downs always end up going to my husband, when I got the Mini 6 at the Roll out. The 6 was my 4th iPad Mini but while I love the full screen I absolutely hate the Touch ID, it only works about 20% of the time. I have redone the finger print thing 4 times now. I never had the problem with jelly scrolling. It is fast and does everything it should except for turn on. Once on it works great but the touch ID is horrible and wish they did the facial ID or back to the old style of Touch ID.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
I had a Mini 5 and my hand me downs always end up going to my husband, when I got the Mini 6 at the Roll out. The 6 was my 4th iPad Mini but while I love the full screen I absolutely hate the Touch ID, it only works about 20% of the time. I have redone the finger print thing 4 times now. I never had the problem with jelly scrolling. It is fast and does everything it should except for turn on. Once on it works great but the touch ID is horrible and wish they did the facial ID or back to the old style of Touch ID.
You may have a hardware issue as the touch ID for me works great.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA

Interesting that people are having trouble with Touch ID on it. I use my left thumb or index finger in landscape and right index in portrait and it always works fast for me.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Interesting that people are having trouble with Touch ID on it. I use my left thumb or index finger in landscape and right index in portrait and it always works fast for me.

The new TouchID button hates my left index finger (on both Air 4 and mini 6). Almost 100% failure rate.

It works fine with my right index finger, though.

• Wow
Reactions: snipr125
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.