Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
I'm going to try and post screen shots of what I'm trying to describe. This is within the Calendar app itself, not iCloud settings.

IMG_0133.png

IMG_0134.png

IMG_0136.png

The first picture shows the calendar with the holidays. At the bottom of the calendar in picture one, I had to select "Calendars" to get to the settings reflected in pictures two and three. The second picture reflects the settings that I had when the holidays were not showing. The third picture reflects me selecting "calendar" underneath "on my iphone." If it it still unclear, please let me know.

coldwaves

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2011
I'm going to try and post screen shots of what I'm trying to describe. This is within the Calendar app itself, not iCloud settings.

View attachment 517419

View attachment 517422

View attachment 517423

The first picture shows the calendar with the holidays. At the bottom of the calendar in picture one, I had to select "Calendars" to get to the settings reflected in pictures two and three. The second picture reflects the settings that I had when the holidays were not showing. The third picture reflects me selecting "calendar" underneath "on my iphone." If it it still unclear, please let me know.

Thank you for the posting! I see where you got the settings. It seems you don't have calendar enable in iCloud settings on the iPhone. So you have the "on my iPhone" instead of "iCloud" under Calendar settings. Also, I guess you have added holidays to the local calendar. It shows up when you select it.

There used to be a calendar called "US holidays" under the "other" section, together with the birthday calendars. It is gone now. I think that's the mystery I am trying to figure out. Also on the Mac, there is option in Calendar preference to "show Holidays Calendar". Now when I select it, the holiday calendar does not show up anymore. These two things seem to indicate it is something wrong in the iCloud end.

coldwaves

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2011
The calendar issue seems to be resolved. I did nothing but US holiday calendar appears both in my iPhone and Macbook. I guess it was a iCloud related issue and Apple fixed it.

Slcross

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2017
I can add and remove the holidays from my Mac calendar but I haven't found a way from the iCloud interface or from the iPhone.

View attachment 516475

The other way is to do it from your Mac calendar by opening the calendar and going to the toolbar
Calendar > File > New Calendar Subscription
Then add this link:
webcal://files.apple.com/calendars/US32Holidays.ics

You can also add other calendars using that function. There are lots of sites with all different types of calendars.
[doublepost=1491176215][/doublepost]Thanks, that worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.