Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
This is the worst feeling in the world. I've had this happen to me. Good luck getting your shipment. It's either a lazy ass driver, or worse, some kind of shady conversion.
I had ordered something that had shipped via FedEX a year ago... the truck drove by the house, stopped and waited for a minute or two then drove off. But I didn't get a notification... I was puzzled by it. But an hour or two later another truck drove to the house and delivered the package.

But this situation has me concern. So, this happened to you before?

applenerd1218

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2022
Chicago IL
Absolutely beautiful. Omg
IMG_3595.jpeg

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
I love having a Magic Keyboard with my 11”. Never regretted it on my previous iPad Air and the new one for the M4 Pro is even better. Must have accessory for me.

I tend to type with my 14" MBP on my lap, knees bent, while in bed late at night. Is that comfortable with an 11"?

lsara

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2015
I tend to type with my 14" MBP on my lap, knees bent, while in bed late at night. Is that comfortable with an 11"?
I do find this comfortable with the 11”. That is actually how I use mine a good chunk of the time. Obviously YMMV but I would also say if you can get the keyboard from an Apple Store or somewhere with a good return policy it wouldn’t be bad to try it out.

Reactions: naturalstar

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I am starting to warm to these portfolio covers. The ones I have looked at the iPad easily comes out so I can clip the it into my desk stand. I just cannot see paying what apple gets for theirs. Looking at the Otterbox Defender case for the iPad it does not seem to have any provisions for the Apple Pencil. I am still not sure about the need for a case of this level of protection. This iPad will not leave my desktop except to move to my bed for night time kindle book reading.

Last edited:

MaxGolden12

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2020
Mine arrived early this afternoon but just picked it up from our parcel room! Can’t wait to set it up and start playing with it.

Happy iPad day everyone!

Reactions: julesme and xxray

Jbass121212

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2020
Welp, I have Nest cameras outdoor to monitor the front of my house and FedEx drove to by, stopped. Waited for a minute or two, never came to the door... then drove off. Less than 5 minutes, they sent me a notification claiming "Tried to deliver."

I immediately called customer service to make note of it and what's annoying about this whole situation they originally gave me a window of delivery and then changed it to End of Day after the window ended. Which had me already puzzled... then this took it to a different level.

I have a feeling that it might go missing (or stolen).
Fedex has mine delayed for some reason or another. Supposed to be here by tomorrow but we will see.

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
finally got a clear picture of the Otterbox Statement Series Studio Case I am going to order this one. Blue and it is also $30 bucks cheaper from the Apple Store. The holder on top for the Apple Pencil sold me.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 18.24.49.png

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
where are people buying cases - not the Apple magic keyboard (I have enough Macs to open a store)...
Spigen looks sold out until June or July

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Fedex has mine delayed for some reason or another. Supposed to be here by tomorrow but we will see.
Well, I read online through some forums that my situation could be a result of the iPad not being in the truck. And the only thing FedEx can do is mark it as "Tried to deliver," which I don't understand since it was scanned as "Out for Delivery." But hey, that's what some driver explained.

And I was kind of skeptical that the order would ship the next day after not getting any updates prior. But I'm hopeful that it will be delivered tomorrow.

JimmycozSTL

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2017
I love having a Magic Keyboard with my 11”. Never regretted it on my previous iPad Air and the new one for the M4 Pro is even better. Must have accessory for me.
How is the trackpad on the new 11” keyboard? They say it’s bigger, but to me it only looks marginally bigger in the photos.

tsduke

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Well mine finally shows shipped(label created). UPS shows delivering Thursday but I’m thinking that won’t happen with no scans this late.

Reactions: lindros2

tsduke

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
iPad and keyboard seperated after birth. Labels created at same site and time last night but looks like only the iPad shipped and has arrived locally. 😕. Keyboard stuck at label created.

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Got my Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil delivered yesterday. iPad never made it into the UPS truck... HAHA. I think some UPS worker is enjoying it now. If I don't get it the iPad today. I think everything I did get is going back. Just wasn't meant to be i guess.

• Sad
Reactions: applenerd1218

applenerd1218

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2022
Chicago IL
Apple Pencil Pro twins!!

I'm thinking of getting the Magic Keyboard - its really nice, but not sure if it will make sense for an 11".
Honestly, it's a game changer for me as typing was the one thing I hated doing directly on the iPad. It feels nice and the track pad is plenty big, given that you'll most likely just touch around on the screen unless you're trying to get to a small point on the screen. Because apple refuses to let us run macOS on iPad, you don't get a cursor, you just get a weird little gray dot lol.

Reactions: naturalstar

Snoggin

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2011
I can from a gen 1 Ipad pro and the Magic Keyboard is a game changer for me. So great! And I already installed Davinci resolve editing software and it seems pretty great too. Can use the iPad when It’s good to be more mobile. I have a 16” MBP too

I have a Nano version I ordered to begin with arriving soon and will decide which to keep.. I use my iPads outdoors to run live sound and the Nano may be the thing for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.