Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
Got my Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil delivered yesterday. iPad never made it into the UPS truck... HAHA. I think some UPS worker is enjoying it now. If I don't get it the iPad today. I think everything I did get is going back. Just wasn't meant to be i guess.
dude give it a day or two.
This is common - as you can see in this thread. Label created > delayed > shipped > delayed on truck.
With iPhone launch day (less so with iPad), they restrict the number of devices per truck.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Ah. That now makes more sense. Plus, I don’t usually have more than 1 Apple product shipped to me on launch day.

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
👏👏👏👏👏 YES!!!

IMG_9180.jpeg

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
How many of you guys on this US thread got the cellular iPad?

Feel like we are behind with eSIM here in the UK. I had one on my iPhone 15 pro max but is was messed up so had to go back to a physical sim. That’s why made me go WiFi only this year.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

Feel like we are behind with eSIM here in the UK. I had one on my iPhone 15 pro max but is was messed up so had to go back to a physical sim. That’s why made me go WiFi only this year.

I always got cellular. Even before forced e-sim by Apple, I have been using e-sims.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas

I purchased the cellular model... haven't opened it yet to do the transfer, but I'd imagine it will go over smoothly. And yeah, I'm kind of surprised Apple went the eSIM only route... I didn't think cellular iPad theft was a thing.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010

Forgot to ask, those who have, why?

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Honestly, it's a game changer for me as typing was the one thing I hated doing directly on the iPad. It feels nice and the track pad is plenty big, given that you'll most likely just touch around on the screen unless you're trying to get to a small point on the screen. Because apple refuses to let us run macOS on iPad, you don't get a cursor, you just get a weird little gray dot lol.

Thanks for the feedback. I will most likely try it out since it would turn my iPP into a travel laptop which would be nice since I don't always take my laptop with me on personal trips and definitely not on work trips. My 14" MBP serves beautifully in every other area. I can even type in bed with it - even though the lighter iPP would be nice for that as well.

Reactions: applenerd1218

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Forgot to ask, those who have, why?
I'm more unorthodox in my reasoning behind it which is the lack of carrying an iPhone (use Android) ... so this acts as a replacement to it.

And being able to carry it around... it then can double as a laptop when attached to a keyboard. So, in addition to serving a role as Apple ecosystem on the go... it's a productivity device as well.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

Jbass121212

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2020
Well, I read online through some forums that my situation could be a result of the iPad not being in the truck. And the only thing FedEx can do is mark it as "Tried to deliver," which I don't understand since it was scanned as "Out for Delivery." But hey, that's what some driver explained.

And I was kind of skeptical that the order would ship the next day after not getting any updates prior. But I'm hopeful that it will be delivered tomorrow.
Mine is finally out for delivery. Hope yours comes as well. I ordered from Verizon and I still have not gotten a ship update from them.
At last, it has arrived!

View attachment 2379057

Scheduled to do a pickup for the Magic Keyboard today and it's kind of odd... I'm more excited to try that out. Anyone else can relate to that? Interested in the new Keyboard over the iPad?
I am actually thinking about getting the Magic Keyboard this time. Finally got my iPad as well. May pickup the keyboard tomorrow.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I am actually thinking about getting the Magic Keyboard this time. Finally got my iPad as well. May pickup the keyboard tomorrow.
In my opinion, I believe it's worth it. I was skeptical about it when it first released... the cost of it can sway you against it. I didn't jump on it until the 2nd revision (bought it at a discount).

But given that there is nothing like it on the market (connect to the Smart Connectors) ... Logitech has one, but I like the footprint of the Magic Keyboard.

Snoggin

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2011
At last, it has arrived!

View attachment 2379057

Scheduled to do a pickup for the Magic Keyboard today and it's kind of odd... I'm more excited to try that out. Anyone else can relate to that? Interested in the new Keyboard over the iPad?
The Magic Keyboard is a revelation for me! Coming from a 9 year old original IPad Pro.. Always hated to type on it but this is a game changer!

Reactions: Ludatyk

tangfish

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Tomorrow I’m returning the 1TB M4 iPad I bought for my elderly mother. 1 hour trying to get it to verify her Apple ID, and another 1-2 hours of trying to help her over the phone. Did everything under the sun including changing her password multiple times and verifying we had it correct by logging in via browser. It’s provided nothing but unhappiness for both her and me. I can’t believe apple after all these years and product releases still makes it so damn hard for their customers to upgrade a device. It’s just unbelievable how stupid the migration process is. Had to erase and start the device over probably 20 times and still no dice. What a purchasing experience. Apple I am very disappointed in you all!

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Tomorrow I’m returning the 1TB M4 iPad I bought for my elderly mother. 1 hour trying to get it to verify her Apple ID, and another 1-2 hours of trying to help her over the phone. Did everything under the sun including changing her password multiple times and verifying we had it correct by logging in via browser. It’s provided nothing but unhappiness for both her and me. I can’t believe apple after all these years and product releases still makes it so damn hard for their customers to upgrade a device. It’s just unbelievable how stupid the migration process is. Had to erase and start the device over probably 20 times and still no dice. What a purchasing experience. Apple I am very disappointed in you all!

I had no issues, other than being forced update the new iPad before it would restore my old iPad's backup file.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013

Your mom’s situation is probably not that common.

I can’t remember the last time I had to enter my Apple ID password when setting up a device. I just do the Quick Start thing and that’s worked effortlessly for my last few upgrades.

I usually don’t setup right on release day though. Apple servers tend to be busy during those times.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

Jbass121212

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2020
In my opinion, I believe it's worth it. I was skeptical about it when it first released... the cost of it can sway you against it. I didn't jump on it until the 2nd revision (bought it at a discount).

But given that there is nothing like it on the market (connect to the Smart Connectors) ... Logitech has one, but I like the footprint of the Magic Keyboard.
They actually already have an open box in my area at Best Buy for $299 so I’m gonna jump on it.

tangfish

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Your mom’s situation is probably not that common.

I can’t remember the last time I had to enter my Apple ID password when setting up a device. I just do the Quick Start thing and that’s worked effortlessly for my last few upgrades.

I usually don’t setup right on release day though. Apple servers tend to be busy during those times.

It’s asking for her and two other apple IDs during the quick start/transfer from another device process. I think I may have found a workaround in restoring from a backup of the same iPad she’s trying to migrate from. It’s definitely not fun walking someone in their 80s through this crap over the phone. Cmon apple, verify it’s not a hacker and once you’ve done that just let the old folks enjoy their iPad activities without all the extra hoops to jump through.

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
I ordered this week (5/14) with an estimated delivery of 5/16-5/20. Still in "preparing to ship." Engraved Pencil Pro that I ordered a few hours ago has already shipped and will be delivered tomorrow 🤣

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.