Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new iPhone 13 (2021) this September?

• Yes

Votes: 1,180 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 178 12.1%
  • Not sure/Maybe

Votes: 116 7.9%

• Total voters
Perhaps someone should start a new thread on the iPhone 14 and not have this iPhone 13 pre-order thread anymore.
I, 100% agree. Per rules, It will be up when Apple announces the iPhone 14 at the Apple event. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I'm off on Wednesdays from my job and this will be one of the rare occasions where I will be able to watch an Apple Keynote in it's ENTIRETY. And not just highlights. :D:D
Oh wow, enjoy! Grab some snacks.

A lot of the time in recent years I catch some highlights and then watch the whole thing with my family in the evening. I’m tempted to watch the whole thing this time. As long as we don’t get anything like that one godawful keynote where they played Crossy Road and someone demonstrated online shopping, I’m okay with watching it twice.

I don’t necessarily pay full attention the first go around. Sometimes I participate in the running commentary on the forum if the site isn’t too bogged down with traffic.

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
I'm off on Wednesdays from my job and this will be one of the rare occasions where I will be able to watch an Apple Keynote in it's ENTIRETY. And not just highlights. :D:D
Nice! Have fun!

I work Wednesday but I’ll see if I can go in early and take a long lunch so I can watch it in my car… lol I’m sure a lot of the general public would think that’s super lame but I bet there’s at least a few of you that are also hoping to get away from work to watch it.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Are you guys/gals going to do home delivery? Deliver to work? or In-store pick up?

I usually would have mine shipped to my house, but this time thinking i might have it ship to my work. I normally will always request a UPS CC hold anyways so I might just do it at my house and pick it up during my lunch break.

Are you guys/gals going to do home delivery? Deliver to work? or In-store pick up?

I usually would have mine shipped to my house, but this time thinking i might have it ship to my work. I normally will always request a UPS CC hold anyways so I might just do it at my house and pick it up during my lunch break.
Always have done home delivery. Shipped to the house but I do request a UPS CC hold it’s much better and easier. Plus, you are able to see the tracking info from China. Which is also very nice.

Reactions: svish and valleian

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Always have done home delivery. Shipped to the house but I do request a UPS CC hold it’s much better and easier. Plus, you are able to see the tracking info from China. Which is also very nice.
true that with tracking info from China. I might as well just do that this time again 😛

true that with tracking info from China. I might as well just do that this time again 😛
You should. The last time people did in-store pickup and they were regretting it because they couldn’t see any info on tracking this leaving the thrill and fun behind. Next year tracking will be interesting because iPhones will come from India.

Reactions: svish

goldenarm007

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2022
" data-source="post: 31394866" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
You should. The last time people did in-store pickup and they were regretting it because they couldn’t see any info on tracking this leaving the thrill and fun behind. Next year tracking will be interesting because iPhones will come from India.

Thrill and fun where?

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
How do you go about requesting the UPS CC hold? I'm debating between going to my nearest apple store for in-store pickup (about a 35 minute drive) or having it delivered but held at my local UPS CC to pickup on release date.

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
Once you get tracking, you can request UPS CC hold.
Does CC mean Customer Center?

I’ve never requested a UPS hold and am usually irritated when UPS decides that I need to go pick up my stuff instead of delivering it to my house, but for something so expensive and that requires a signature when I might not be home, holding it at UPS actually sounds pretty good.

Does CC mean Customer Center?

I’ve never requested a UPS hold and am usually irritated when UPS decides that I need to go pick up my stuff instead of delivering it to my house, but for something so expensive and that requires a signature when I might not be home, holding it at UPS actually sounds pretty good.
Yes, that’s exactly what it means and you have to make sure it’s at the main Customer Center that is assigned to you. Don’t send it to a random Walgreens or CVS to assign a pickup. (The easiest way to do that is to call UPS - Customer care and let them know you want to pick up your package on the same day). Or you can simply do it online.

Reactions: ksujoel

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC

I’m going to have it shipped to my house but have it held at the UPS CC. UPS in my area deliver between 11am-9pm. I have some errands to run that day, on the 16th, so I would rather have it held at the UPS CC and pick it up at 10am when they first open up.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Although, having just said this, I will probably try to have it held at the CC for afternoon pickup

I highly suggest that. My CC changed their hours to open 2 hours later and they now have a split shift for business. Once I drop my kids off for school, I’m going to my CC and wait in my car for them to open before lining up.

I'll be wrapping up a 3 day conference on that Friday that is likely release day (the 16th). The conference ends at 11:45am-12pm that day. I hope UPS schedules a late afternoon delivery for me.
Why don’t you pick it up after the conference is over?

Never mind I just saw your comment. Yeah, I would pick up some coffee, pick up some donuts and then pick up your iPhone.

ksujoel

macrumors demi-god
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Why don’t you pick it up after the conference is over?

Never mind I just saw your comment. Yeah, I would pick up some coffee, pick up some donuts and then pick up your iPhone.
How did you know I like donuts??? 🤪
Although believe it not, I’m not a coffee drinker 🫣

I’ll be at an out of town conference that week (45 min away), so I’m going to try to have it held at my CC for afternoon.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
If that don’t work, you can also call your CC and speak with a representative to make sure they have it held. I had to do that with the 12 Pro Max, because for some reason it wouldn’t let me have it held via the app nor online.
Or e-mailing UPS too. Last few years since UPS updated their website. the request for UPS CC wasn't available, and only way to do it was contacting them. But UPS CC is back available. Only thing i hate about the one near me is that they open at 10 am and close at 12:30 pm and reopen at 4 pm to 8 pm. And I work from 8 am to 3 pm. So I'd either have to pick it up at my lunch break or wait an hour after work to pick it up. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.