Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrrogers9

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2011
Very frusterating

I have iPad at 4.3 and I got the connection kit to back up my school documents. Just wondering can anyone tell me the USB drive they use that works? Cause I'll buy a new one if I have to..

Mrrogers9

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2011
pplease help

I have the iPad 1 running iOS 4.3.3. I have no problem using the camera connection kit with my SDHC cards or my USB thumb drive. The only problem I have is that it only reads/writes to my Corsair 32 GB thumb drive and not my other ones. But I have no problems with read/write of my other SDHC cards.

But still, Apple does piss me off that they've done this crap. Can't wait for the other tablet makers to catch up so I can have more of a choice.

hey, can you tell me about the thumb drive that does work? im on 4.3 and really need to make this work. my plan was to use it to backup school documents, bbut my drive wont work. where did you buy the one that does?

master-ceo

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The SUN
I'm Jailbroken and use iFile on iOS 4.3

Kingston Data Travler 16GB
TDK Trans-it 8gb

All my SD and SDHC cards work

Amazon.com, Fry's

Nickjd

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2012
Camera connection kit

My Sony wx10 camera gave the same "too much power required" message, but I discovered a setting in the camera to turn off the USB power input so the camera now drains nothing from the iPad. Now photos can be transferred no problem at all. May work for other cameras/ devices also.

ckeilah

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009
Procrustean jerks. I'm done with apple

Tapping on the iOS screens is giving me bone spurs. I want to use my HHKB on my iPod/Pad/pwns. It is absolute ******** that apple killed the ability to use a USB keyboard, when it was working fine. I am growing to hate Apple, despite YEARS of fandom.

Tapping on the iOS screens is giving me bone spurs. I want to use my HHKB on my iPod/Pad/pwns. It is absolute ******** that apple killed the ability to use a USB keyboard, when it was working fine. I am growing to hate Apple, despite YEARS of fandom.

agree... i hate how apple wants to mould their customers in to clones and cliches - ffs apple, what happened to individuality, let us customise

Romeosc

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2012
agree... i hate how apple wants to mould their customers in to clones and cliches - ffs apple, what happened to individuality, let us customise

You can use an AirStash from airstash.com

AirStash creates it's on wifi network plus you can take an SD card full of pictures, import to iPad, insert blank SD card and copy pictures and files to new SD card for a safe copy while still traveling. I am going on. A Safari to Tanzania and want to back up irreplaceable pictures while in field with no electricity. I can charge devices from safari vehicle!

Essaux

macrumors regular
To me one of the biggest flaws with the iPad is that it is practically rendered useless by all the restrictions apple put in place. What point is it to buy the USB cord to plug in your USB card reader or another USB device and not be able to actually use it, because of some bs energy/power limits?

They call it the Pro, the laptop replacement, but it is unbelievably limited.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.