Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeanlain

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2009
Don't know if it still works.

I personally tried with whisky.
I just installed whisky with homebrew, created a win10 bottle, ran the Steam windows installer and installed CS2 via Steam.
The game stutters a bit when visiting a map for the first time. But if you don't change your settings, the stuttering won't happen again (until the next GPTK update I suppose).
However, the game can freeze regularly, often after a shot is fired , which suppose will be a big problem for many. I myself just run this game to see how it looks and how my Mac performs. The game looks great BTW, especially the water effects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homy

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Well this thread hasn't aged well as Valve has restored access to CSGO. Downloading CS2 on Mac automatically defaults back to CSGO now.

I'm not too sure since Valve also said, after making this change, that CS:GO will only be supported until Jan 1st. To me, it sounds like CS:GO is going away January 1st.

Reactions: Irishman

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
I'm not too sure since Valve also said, after making this change, that CS:GO will only be supported until Jan 1st. To me, it sounds like CS:GO is going away January 1st.

Keyword: Supported, as in, with software patches to fix any issues found, as well as maintaining inventory access

They then clarify underneath that the game will still be accessible after that point but some features may not work properly or stop working

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.