Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I looked at my battery info earlier. I've never had a max phone so I was just curious. It had been 36 hours since it was charged to 98% and I still had over 20.

I don't know that my use was excessive, but it was normal use for me, and I probably would've had to charge my 14 pro in that amount of time, and I had my always on display turned off on my 14 Pro, but I have it on on my 15 pro max

aspenextreme03

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2021
I looked at my battery info earlier. I've never had a max phone so I was just curious. It had been 36 hours since it was charged to 98% and I still had over 20.

I don't know that my use was excessive, but it was normal use for me, and I probably would've had to charge my 14 pro in that amount of time, and I had my always on display turned off on my 14 Pro, but I have it on on my 15 pro max
As long as you keep weather widget off in my experience the AOD is totally fine for battery. Hope you love the 15PM

Reactions: ssledoux

BadBuoy

Suspended
Oct 3, 2023
I feel like I'm in a small minority with my 15 Pro Max. It's been a flawless experience: no overheating, no manufacturing defects, and no weird iOS 17 bugs. My friends have bought and returned several phones now due to various issues and they're thinking of just waiting until next year. I'm sorry you're having these issues. It makes the overall Apple experience miserable.

ibookemo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
I feel like I'm in a small minority with my 15 Pro Max. It's been a flawless experience: no overheating, no manufacturing defects, and no weird iOS 17 bugs. My friends have bought and returned several phones now due to various issues and they're thinking of just waiting until next year. I'm sorry you're having these issues. It makes the overall Apple experience miserable.
I was the same with the 14 Pro Max and the 13 Pro Max. That’s the experience I kind of expect these days. When day 1 issues pop up it’s such a letdown.

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
I hate to say it but ive returned a 15 PM and a 15 Plus both for screen uniformity issues. Sometimes I wonder if Apple keeps tabs of this?

I want to try again but I don’t want to be blacklisted or something. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

My 13 promax has a little bit of burn in from the battery indicator and my battery is at 90% but Apple will still give me $580 for it. I don’t want to miss the opportunity.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south

This has been my experience as well. Perfect. I can honestly say I have never returned a phone due to issues (maybe indecisiveness). Now a couple times I’ve almost lost my mind trying to set one up, but even that went perfectly this time.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
You could probably have just returned it for a refund and bought another one and you'd be fine. Sounds like you got a lemon. I'm not denying there are issues but just think of all the people that bought a 15 series phone... most of them are likely happy with it. The biggest issue seems to be overheating and we all know that doesn't affect every phone and that Apple is working on an update to address it.

Same here. No problems. Runs cool and no issues to think of either hardware or software wise.

Reactions: BrightCanon

Robot21

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2022
I hate to say it but ive returned a 15 PM and a 15 Plus both for screen uniformity issues. Sometimes I wonder if Apple keeps tabs of this?

My 13 promax has a little bit of burn in from the battery indicator and my battery is at 90% but Apple will still give me $580 for it. I don’t want to miss the opportunity.
You’re fine. I returned like 7 14pm and 1 15PM. Nothing happened to my account. Not our fault if Apple sells defective phones.

• Love

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
You’re fine. I returned like 7 14pm and 1 15PM. Nothing happened to my account. Not our fault if Apple sells defective phones.
Thats good to know. Sometimes I worry about stuff I probably shouldn't. I really appreciate the info. :)

aspenextreme03

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2021

nah you are good and I returned a 15PM Natural and also a 15PM Blue for a White 15PM. None of them had issues but I got the natural and the color was meh for me after a day so got the blue as was in stock. I really wanted the white and it showed up before the 14 day return period so swapped it out. White is really nice and my favorite.

• Love
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.