Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philip456

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2008
East Anglia, England
Is it possible to use tags?

Installed and working. Great app.

I'm wondering if tags are/will be supported?

I use tags a lot on the iPhone and my MacBook Air and it would be great if I could use them here as well.

nullstein

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2013
Installed and working. Great app.

I'm wondering if tags are/will be supported?

I use tags a lot on the iPhone and my MacBook Air and it would be great if I could use them here as well.

The app has been updated. Follow this link and get the latest version.
I changed the name of the app, so I recommend uninstalling the previous Day One Windows Client and the install this new version.

Now it supports tags.
Use the tag button at the upper right corner to edit the tags of an entry.

On the left panel, a new "Tags" tab is added, where you can see all the entries by tags.

jmcliver

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2014
Not syncing back to iphone

Nullstein I downloaded your new app, which is great to be able to type out the entry real quick on the computer, but when I went back to my phone the entry was not there even after Synced on my phone, is there a secret sync button in your app, or should it just be syncing on its own?

nullstein

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2013
Nullstein I downloaded your new app, which is great to be able to type out the entry real quick on the computer, but when I went back to my phone the entry was not there even after Synced on my phone, is there a secret sync button in your app, or should it just be syncing on its own?

It's working fine so far on my side, so I'm not very sure what's causing it.

There is no sync button, but when you are in the edit mode (i.e., writing a new entry or editing an existing one), make sure to click the save button on the upper-right corner when you're done. Whenever you save the content or edit the metadata (e.g., starred, tags), the app writes the changes to the disk immediately.

The synching process entirely depends on Dropbox. In fact, the app itself does nothing regarding the synchronization. Maybe you should wait a while until Dropbox notices the changes made in the local disk and sync it to the Dropbox server.

jmcliver

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2014
Not syncing back to iphone

Tried it again today and it worked. Thank you so much, this makes that app much easier to use. Any plans to integrate pictures anytime soon?

Sanitymops

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks nullstein!

The app has been updated. Follow this link and get the latest version.
I changed the name of the app, so I recommend uninstalling the previous Day One Windows Client and the install this new version.

Now it supports tags.
Use the tag button at the upper right corner to edit the tags of an entry.

On the left panel, a new "Tags" tab is added, where you can see all the entries by tags.

You, sir/madam, are a god among people. I have always loved Day One on my iPad but I tend to think of, and want to write, little posts throughout the day while I am at work or school and my PC is the path of least resistance in those cases.

I now have this hooked up and everything seems to be running great.

Thank you so much!

P4Cm4n

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2014
If there's anyone still interested in this, you might want to try my pc client which can be found here.

Doesn't support relatively newer features like adding photo, tagging, but I'm planning to catch-up those features shortly.

Just registered to say a huge THANK YOU! I only write text into day one, but I I like to make "present moment" entries with a tag, just by using text, no images or locatios or anything, your program fulfills my need perfectly, and having the option to keep my hands on a real "buttonish" keyboard makes writing experience much more enjoyable.

Hope that guy who says it works for day one, makes you an offer ;D

trickyd

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2014
Thank you Nullstein for Journaley!

A big thank you Nullstein for Journaley and all the best for 2015! Like many of the other posters on here I have used Day one for years but have moved from being an all Apple set up (Mac, iPad and iPhone) to using my Mac much less switched to Android for phone so just use the iPad daily and a windows Pc is the easiest place for me to to type long entries, so you have saved me form having to use an alternative. I do use OneNote a lot and that works perfectly on all platforms but it isn't designed as a journal so isn't date focussed.:)

mjt57

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2013
South Eastern Australia
We are looking at Windows solutions, more specifically, Metro and hope to have something to announce later this year.
It's been a while since this post. Just wondering what developments, if any, are happening here.

I'd like to dump my Mac Mini and return to a Windows based desktop computer, but too many of the most used apps, including Day One, are Mac-only.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.