Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nbartlett

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2022
Do you live in MI? Have you ever said (typed) this phrase? Does the phone render it in ALL CAPS, like the OP’s example?
Hi sorry! yes! I do live in michigan, adding to the weirdness. I don’t think I have ever typed in that phrase though. Well, that I can remember anyway. It doesn’t put it in all caps, but it does use proper grammar, capitalizing the first letter of the sentence, the G in governor and W in Whitmer. I haven’t had it happen in a while but honestly if I’m not looking right at my phone while it’s typing, I would totally miss it.

Nbartlett

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2022
I'm in the exact same situation, it just happened to me and freaked me out which is why I made this account. I wasn't able top find anything else online about it. Have you had any answers yet?

The Phrase I said was"four digital artworks and it auto typed a long sentence about Jeff Bezos, Amazon and She-Hulk and then immediately deleted it just like in the original video here. The part that tripped me out most was as it was deleting I took a screenshot but checked later and it wasn't in my photos. Not ruling out that this could have been my error some how but I saw the screenshot get taken at the time. Very creepy!

Also I've been trying to get it to do it again but haven't had any success.
Wowwww. I never tried taking a SS. And I’m glad because it would freak me out if the picture wasn’t there! Wild. It’s weird that someone could screen record it but someone else couldn‘t SS it. Did you just have it happen once? Thats a complex sentence! This ***** evolving 😩. I haven’t found any answers but I also have not contacted apple support (I know, I know 😬). It’s truly baffling. And it’s extra baffling because there is NO info about this anywhere that I could find! Granted my search engine seems to get less impressive by the day (😐) but still. Something usually comes up when ya try to solve a problem like this. I cant believe there aren’t more people with issues like ours! I’ve run through possible scenarios in my head- an app that i downloaded? A file? A website? My crazy ex stalking me with some weird spyware that I know nothing about? Lol. Ughhhh. I am Thinking about getting a new phone anyway, but I’m curious if i’ll have the same issue on a new phone (probably?) What phone do yall have?

Reactions: Remig69

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I'm digging out this 2 year old thread because I was wondering if anyone figured out why this is happening. For me that's still the weirdest Macrumors thread since I joined and it still comes to my mind from time to time... so, any news?
Same. This and the sizzling in neck one in Community. Need to know these things :D

Nbartlett

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2022
Same. This and the sizzling in neck one in Community. Need to know these things :D
I'm digging out this 2 year old thread because I was wondering if anyone figured out why this is happening. For me that's still the weirdest Macrumors thread since I joined and it still comes to my mind from time to time... so, any news?
I do not have any updates but I haven’t had it happen in a long while! Then again, I don’t always watch my screen when I use voice to text, so I’m not really sure. Maybe the bug has been fixed? Anyone else notice it’s been better??

What a strange, strange thing to do to someone’s phone. Seemingly politically-driven. Also it’s weird that it doesn’t seem to be wide-reaching. It seemed impossible for a while to find others with this issue. But maybe that’s due to it being a voice to text issue? I would love to find some sort of link that ties us together and explains why this happened to our phones. Not sure if that would be possible or not!

This has been such a strange few years and I feel like this creepiness kind of fits right into the mix somehow. Although it’s 0/10, would not recommend (lol), I feel a little honored being a part of one of the weirdest macrumors threads 😩😅😂 hahah. I’ll let y’all know if i notice it again!!

• Love
Reactions: compwiz1202

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
Not long after I made the original post, it just sort of stopped and I can no longer recreate it. It was odd as hell. I never did end up going to Apple to show them but kinda wish I had.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Not long after I made the original post, it just sort of stopped and I can no longer recreate it. It was odd as hell. I never did end up going to Apple to show them but kinda wish I had.
Hmmm... I'd wager a developer was fired and their latest commits rolled back?

Kat1286

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2024
Hi, I just registered on this site because this is the only thread I’ve seen where someone is having a similar issue as me. Okay so this is so strange, and it’s been happening for a while now. Randomly when I’m using talk to text on my iPhone, the dictation will type in a phrase that I did NOT say, just how yours did, and then it immediately deletes it and keeps typing what I actually said. It’s always the same phrase but I haven’t figured out what spoken word/phrase triggers it to happen. The phrase it will put in by itself is, “Who is suing Governor Whitmer?”

😳😥🫣 it freaks me out every time! I feel like I’m being watched or hacked or something. The other day while using talk to text, I think when I said the word “hosptial” it happened. I use that word a lot because I work at a hospital, so it could be. I don’t even want to try it right now because it creeps me out. And it happens so fast that I never have time to show someone while it’s happening. My friends were like 👀 umm what? I haven’t seen/heard of anyone else having a similar issue!!

Did you happen to ever get any answers about this? I need to contact apple, it’s just so hard to explain without sounding insane lol. I don’t understand why it’s happening …..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240117_103752_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240117_103752_Facebook.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 36

Kat1286

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2024
Similar phenomenon happening often with my Galaxy phone. In the example I posted of the Facebook Marketplace message, the only sentence I actually said into the mic was the 1st one. The rest completely fabricated by an unknown source. This is an extremely benign example, but so far the only one I was actually able to take a screenshot of. Oftentimes it will make up long conversations but unrelated to the topic of the message I am trying to convey . Many of the phantom voice type occurances have been rather dark or strange. Where to hide dismembered body parts , demons taking over the country, spoiled food in Brittany Spears refrigerator, and sewers rats chewing thrpugh the Biden family chamber pot, are some topics that I can remember.

doodlemaster88

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2024
OK so i know this threat is super old BUT i have a samsung galaxy and have been having this issue! The sentences will do exactly what your does but its always some off the wall, offensive ****! This most recent time was this morning I was giving someone advise on addiction... The phone input "If you werent looking for free money, youd be more educated" LIKE WHAT. shots fired i feel offended because the night before I asked my husband how we can get alot of money LOL.

Something is def WIERD happening

doodlemaster88

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2024
Similar phenomenon happening often with my Galaxy phone. In the example I posted of the Facebook Marketplace message, the only sentence I actually said into the mic was the 1st one. The rest completely fabricated by an unknown source. This is an extremely benign example, but so far the only one I was actually able to take a screenshot of. Oftentimes it will make up long conversations but unrelated to the topic of the message I am trying to convey . Many of the phantom voice type occurances have been rather dark or strange. Where to hide dismembered body parts , demons taking over the country, spoiled food in Brittany Spears refrigerator, and sewers rats chewing thrpugh the Biden family chamber pot, are some topics that I can remember.
YESSS !! I have a galaxy too and this same thing happens! My sister told me i should go get a new phone because mine is demonic. Its actually scary!

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
Man that is wild it’s happening to y’all too. Mine stopped not long after I created this thread and hasn’t happened since. I still wonder what it was.

Remig69

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2024
Galaxy here as well and I would like to know what in the actual **** is going on!! This is unreal!! This is so scary like this is when I tried to recreate it the first one was talking about getting behind cover and the boys ***** someone up but it deleted it by itself. This is my first time using the voice dictation and so far, not good. All I know is I tested to see how accurate it was by saying "Peter Piper picked a peck of peppers" and then "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood" after that it went mad. I'm wondering if those phrases in that order are some kind of code that regular people shouldn't know or there's some skynet stuff going on. I really don't know at this point but I don't like AI anymore (hopefully AI) 🤞

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240207_010458_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240207_010458_Messages.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: doodlemaster88

doodlemaster88

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2024
Galaxy here as well and I would like to know what in the actual **** is going on!! This is unreal!! This is so scary like this is when I tried to recreate it the first one was talking about getting behind cover and the boys ***** someone up but it deleted it by itself. This is my first time using the voice dictation and so far, not good. All I know is I tested to see how accurate it was by saying "Peter Piper picked a peck of peppers" and then "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood" after that it went mad. I'm wondering if those phrases in that order are some kind of code that regular people shouldn't know or there's some skynet stuff going on. I really don't know at this point but I don't like AI anymore (hopefully AI) 🤞
Thats freaking wierd. Mine does the same thing and its always some secretive, random sketchy stuff

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.