Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dozer_Zaibatsu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
North America
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience on what the Wacom touch is like? Does it feel natural? Comparable to the Magic Trackpad (2) from Apple? Cross platform on Windows or, heavens-to-Betsy, even Linux?

I'm currently contracting and using a Mac as my main machine along with a new Magic Trackpad 2. I personally think the Magic Trackpad is the best peripheral for regular computer usage I have ever used. It's a joy to use. I am big on ergonomically friendly solutions. I leave it on touch to click, and it's very easy to glide my fingers over it for my day-to-day.

This equipment belongs to my client, though. So I only use it for work on site. But the Magic Trackpad is the type of thing I'd love to use with any other machine that normally would have a mouse attached to it, Mac or PeeCee.

The new version of the pen-and-touch (CTH490AB) is cheaper than the Magic Trackpad 2. It's a larger surface, which I appreciate.

Of course it is mainly sold for the utility of pen input. Which I would also use, but not nearly as much as just using it as a trackpad. It seems that if the touch is comparable, then it's a win-win solution, as it's cross platform, plus the added pen utility. It's not wireless, which means nothing to me for a stationary peripheral like that.

Just wondering if anyone has an experience with the multi-touch, and if it compares to the Magic Trackpad.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.