Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rare455

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2014
Chicago, IL
Hi everyone!

My name is Josh, one of the makers of WALTR 2. We’ve introduced the 1st iteration of our app 6 years ago. And the embargo review was actually here — on MacRumors (Thanks, Juli Clover, for giving us a shot)!

I know we should have started a thread like this years ago, but it’s better late than never. A lot of our early-adopters for the original WALTR heard of us thanks to MacRumors so it's an honour to post here.

What's WALTR 2?

With WALTR 2, you can wirelessly drag-and-drop any Music, Ringtones, Videos, PDF & ePUB files into iPhone, iPad or iPod without iTunes (& no extra apps). Even files that aren't supported by iTunes, such as FLAC and MKV.

For example — let’s say you want to move a file, whether it's a video, ebook, ringtone, or other media file, from your computer to your iPhone, you'd usually need to use iTunes (or finder on macOS Catalina). WALTR 2 allows users to skip converters, iTunes, and wires altogether.

It adapts movies and music for any device. I.e. Lossless files remain lossless, ensuring original quality is kept 100%.

w2-1stBlock@2x.png

Fun fact* The name WALTR was inspired by Walter White from the TV show “Breaking Bad” (it was popular at the time of our development).

On November 21, 2014, thanks to WALTR, our team discovered that A8 Chip in iPhone 6 is Capable of Playing 4K Video and it went viral which boosted our brand awareness.

Supported Formats

WALTR 2 provides a wide range of supported formats that you can only get if you use external iOS video/music players.
  • Video: MKV & AVI (includes subtitle support: .srt & .ass), MOV, MP4, M4V, 3GP, WMV; FLV, M2TS, TS;
  • Audio: MP3, FLAC, APE, ALAC, M4R, AAC, M4B, AIFF, WAV, WMA, CUE, OGG, OGA, WV, TTA, DFF;
  • Books: PDF, ePub

Drag & drop process.jpg

WALTR 2 Highlights

• Usability
    We consider WALTR 2 as a very easy-to-use iTunes alternative for transferring media into iPhone or iPad. The drag & drop simplicity makes it standout.
  • Wi-Fi Transfer Support
    Our aWi-Fi technology in WALTR 2 allows you to drag & drop any media into your iOS device wirelessly. Just make sure that the first time you launch the app, you connect your device to make sure it’s recognised and then you can enable wi-fi.
  • Stock TV.app/Music.app Playback
    With WALTR 2, there's no need for time-consuming conversion or a third-party app for playback. We automatically send everything into the right apps on your iOS device. In other words, songs go to the Music.app, electronic books and PDFs are sent to Books.app, videos are shared with the stock TV.app and so forth.
  • Saves Battery Life
    WALTR 2 converts videos into .mp4 format before putting it into Apple's pre-installed Videos app (or TV.app). If you then consume the files from that app, you're taking advantage of the full optimization Apple implemented for your convenience. The same file, played through 3rd party apps can consume twice the amount of battery, if not more.
  • Automatic Content Recognition
    If you have the proper file name, WALTR 2 will fill in the artwork for your Music, Movies & TV shows. Apart from artworks, WALTR 2 recognizes and fills in title, genre, episode description, actor information and more.

unnamed.gif

iCloud

If you have iCloud Music Library activated on your phone, and not on your Mac (which prevents you from syncing via iTunes) – WALTR 2 is a great way for you to transfer non-Apple Music content over to your iPhone.

Trial Limitations

We provide a full day of WALTR 2 features, with zero restrictions. You can download WALTR 2 trial for free and transfer as many files as you need into, 24 hours is more than enough.

Softorino Links

Official Website
Frequently Asked Questions
About Us
Tutorials
YouTube Channel

Tech Support

I’d love to hear your questions, honest feedback and suggestions.

Reactions: atmenterprises

crb595

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2012
It would be nice if WALTR 2 would allow the user to also remove the music or video files once they are no longer needed.

Rare455

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2014
Chicago, IL
Sorry for the delay, guys!

Hello,
good job. When is the Linux version?

The linux version is on our to do list. It's just not on the priority list because the demand on Linux is not so high at the moment :(

It would be nice if WALTR 2 would allow the user to also remove the music or video files once they are no longer needed.

Definitely! We do have this planned for the future. The biggest problem for us with this feature would be redesigning the interface and the simplicity experience would be harmed. At the moment, I recommend removing the files from the device itself. Though if you do transfer large libraries of files, I understand that it may not be convenient. Please stay tuned. It's coming! :)

Is there a particular idea you have on how you would like to remove files? Would it be a separate tab where you can view the files on the device? Or something else? Let me know, I'd love to hear.

I jumped on board, purchased it this morning and about to start working with it.

Thank you for the support. Let me know what you think.

ttyt

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2020
Waltr2 is not working anymore since last Windows update. The App start and crash immediately.
I tried to contact the support staff who is just ignoring me.
I bought he app and I've been using Waltr2 for few years now and it is a very good app...
But today I'm disappointed by this lack of interest for customers

Rare455

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2014
Chicago, IL
Waltr2 is not working anymore since last Windows update. The App start and crash immediately.
I tried to contact the support staff who is just ignoring me.
I bought he app and I've been using Waltr2 for few years now and it is a very good app...
But today I'm disappointed by this lack of interest for customers

Thank you for supporting us and using WALTR 2 for years.
And I'm sorry that you're having issues with WALTR 2 for Windows. There was a problem with the latest Windows update, that's true. Though — we did release a new version of WALTR 2 v2.8.2.

Could you please try downloading the latest version from our website (https://softorino.com/waltr/download/) and try again?

ttyt

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2020
Works like a charm.. thanks a lot
when I checked directly from the application (before downloading from your site), i was said that I had the latest update. I will be more careful from now and will never trust "windows update" ever again. I'll check regularly on the site.
Thanks again

widEyed

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2009
this looks good, but I'm looking to go the other way, to copy music files off an old iPod (or the old Mac it was connected to). the marketing doesn't make it clear this app is one way copying onto iOS devices not reading the hidden files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.