Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crunch

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2008
Crazy L.A.
Be happy that in Mac OS world you can still "downgrade" to previews version, it will come the day they won't let you downgrade once you upgraded, like in iOS world.

Yes they will tell you it is for your "safety" and for your "privacy", it will come.

That is very true! And as a (still tiny) fraction of us know, those who are willing to give up privacy in the name of security will deserve and receive neither!

xp84

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2011
The examples below are from a mounted dwg and the sidebar of an application but ...

WWKS3HR.png

What application is this? It looks interesting!

ImAnAgent

Suspended
Oct 11, 2018
My mind
I was thinking of finally updating to Mojave but after reading this thread again after all these months, I think I'll stay on High Sierra.

I sold my 2015 15" i7 MBP a year ago and kept my non retina 2012 to use.

JonLa

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
I never really saw the problem on my 2015 non-retina Air. Maybe it's visible if the Air is connecting to a monitor but on the normal laptop screen there's no problem with Mojave

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
The subpixel font rendering engine that used to produce beautiful fonts on macOS is gone! There are a few "fixes" floating around here, they don't bring the old engine back and the results are not acceptable in my opinion. Let me save you the 2 day restore process I am in the middle of downgrading to High Sierra.

Not possible..Well... My Mac is 2017.. so technically i could, but i like Dark mode too much to change now.

That would basically wipe out the entirety of Apple's product line in one fell swoop .

Crunch

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2008
Crazy L.A.
ugh said:
The subpixel font rendering engine that used to produce beautiful fonts on macOS is gone! There are a few "fixes" floating around here, they don't bring the old engine back and the results are not acceptable in my opinion. Let me save you the 2 day restore process I am in the middle of downgrading to High Sierra.

To me, the difference is obvious, especially with the Dark Mode turned on.

But the old subpixel antialiasing engine is still there, just need to be enabled again, so there is no reason for panic as this thread calls for.

So what's the deal? One person says it's gone, another says it's still there.

Please advise...thank you. :)

Reactions: Val-kyrie

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
So what's the deal? One person says it's gone, another says it's still there.

Please advise...thank you. :)
I guess that's the problem with fora: so many people have problems, so many haven't.
I suppose that in many cases the cause of problems with new releases is to be found
in innocent or unsuspecting changes someone may have made in the past.
In this case .... make a good backup, try the new release, restore back if it doesn't work properly.
In other cases, realise what you're doing when making changes or using weird software.
;JOOP!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.