Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Obsidian Mist v. Lilac
A9F70A00-B0DC-4582-B8F6-5857D7A98DBB.jpeg

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Product red sport band w/gold pin & 2017 Chinese new year woven nylon w/gold buckle View attachment 1679490 View attachment 1679491 View attachment 1679492
Noice. My Chargie People’s Party Christmas pack sitting in HK right now has this sport band and the bright red/gold modern buckle prototype inside. It was time to crush all potential fomo—and give my CNY some friends. Newson knows it will never see my wrist.

Can you (or Mike) confirm what generation sport band it is? 3, right?

tntmnz

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2020
San Francisco
Noice. My Chargie People’s Party Christmas pack sitting in HK right now has this sport band and the bright red/gold modern buckle prototype inside. It was time to crush all potential fomo—and give my CNY some friends. Newson knows it will never see my wrist.

Can you (or Mike) confirm what generation sport band it is? 3, right?
Definitely want to see pictures of them when they arrive. Unfortunately I don’t have any other pred bands to compare it with. Chargie listed as 2nd gen, on the app, pred sb with gold pin only came with the 1st gen. But it looks closely to the 3rd gen. Maybe mike can confirm.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Definitely want to see pictures of them when they arrive. Unfortunately I don’t have any other pred bands to compare it with. Chargie listed as 2nd gen, on the app, pred sb with gold pin only came with the 1st gen. But it looks closely to the 3rd gen. Maybe mike can confirm.
Well this isn’t a canonical band so don’t be looking to the Edition history. I mean for sure this is meant to kind of fudge the edition look, but based on the other “remix” bands with gold pins I have from him (white Gen 2, midnight Gen 2), safe bet this is red from the 40/44mm era. Pitch, who owns it, says he thinks Gen 3. The Mike knows, rest assured.

Reactions: tntmnz

tntmnz

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2020
San Francisco
Well this isn’t a canonical band so don’t be looking to the Edition history. I mean for sure this is meant to kind of fudge the edition look, but based on the other “remix” bands with gold pins I have from him (white Gen 2, midnight Gen 2), safe bet this is red from the 40/44mm era. Pitch, who owns it, says he thinks Gen 3. The Mike knows, rest assured.
40/44 lugs, right? That’s G3.
Yup 44 stamped on the back. I think it’s safe to say it’s gen 3
36D2C444-0566-4830-BFA8-7D531319312D.jpeg

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Could just be separate batches. I’m not sure how air tight the color matching is after the whole pink sand fiasco. The top half is 40, right?
38mm. And this is an “after dark custom freestyle” piece so carelessness isn’t a surprise. You really can’t tell it’s different under artificial light, though. Will report back when I actually wear it.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
38mm. And this is an “after dark custom freestyle” piece so carelessness isn’t a surprise. You really can’t tell it’s different under artificial light, though. Will report back when I actually wear it.
Oh, then yeah sounds like the S/M is G3. Would need to see it up next to a known 38 and known 40 just to be sure though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.