Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Northern looks very different in this pic. I returned mine, i’m not a fan of the texture of the sport band (it seems like it was used already-same with plum, thankfully i like the color so i kept it.) and it looks very similar to cactus.
It’s not very accurate but see my photos without kumquat to be sure. That’s why I gave the disclaimer, you have to really jam on the tint and warmth to make any kumquat band look accurate. Also Northern is pretty chameleon-like, but yeah it’s not this purple/red. Plus every silicon loop is super soft and (I think) deeper in color than its counterpart. Just give in and get a little sili’

tntmnz

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2020
San Francisco
It’s not very accurate but see my photos without kumquat to be sure. That’s why I gave the disclaimer, you have to really jam on the tint and warmth to make any kumquat band look accurate. Also Northern is pretty chameleon-like, but yeah it’s not this purple/red. Plus every silicon loop is super soft and (I think) deeper in color than its counterpart. Just give in and get a little sili’

Looks like i’m making a trip to the apple store this weekend i heard sizing on the silicone loop is a little bit different from the braided loop. I guess there’s only one way to find out!

Reactions: athousandbands

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
It would be a shame for the 42mm Chargie gold-tier members to suddenly...stop collecting, wouldn’t it?

Flat Silver x3:
View attachment 1685457
Flat Silver / Laser Blue got me too.

I had an email reply from Chargie just this morning. Apparently "the full set" of prototypes he had went to a buyer in the USA. I wonder who that could have been...?

To be fair I hadn't hit him up for anything since before his early October holiday until the Black / PP 38/40 showed up on eBay, so maybe neither of us is feeling the love from the other.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Looks like i’m making a trip to the apple store this weekend i heard sizing on the silicone loop is a little bit different from the braided loop. I guess there’s only one way to find out!
As best you can without making them use a million wet wipes, try to suss out the color differences between like bands of the silicon and fluoroelastomer variety and report back...

Reactions: tntmnz

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Sky Blue v. blue sky
9BD2E383-AED3-4142-A21D-3DF4D5B7ABB0.jpeg

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Anyone have northern blue to compare with cornflower?
It’s ever so slightly darker and then also duller than Cornflower. Northern Blue really has a frosty/icy feel to it. It’s also more chameleon-like. In some light it matches the watch face color and sometimes they look like two different shades.

Betterusernamesavailable

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2020
It’s ever so slightly darker and then also duller than Cornflower. Northern Blue really has a frosty/icy feel to it. It’s also more chameleon-like. In some light it matches the watch face color and sometimes they look like two different shades.
Thanks not really worth buying then if I have cornflower

Reactions: athousandbands
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.