Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Saddle LeLoo v. Saddle LeLi
8BD35E72-3017-452A-B747-CAD59D5006BD.jpeg

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I haven't seen a LeLi IRL, but that pic pretty much confirms what I think they will be like in comparison to the LeLoo: The Le looks much more synthetic on the Li than the Loo.
Yet, as I’ve said, the Leather Link is so much more actual leather feeling! It’s a paradox that still confounds me. I guess the Loo has to compensate for its chewing gum edges with extra grain. I want more on those Li pills for sure. Red is gonna look weird if it’s too smooth and bright.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
Yet, as I’ve said, the Leather Link is so much more actual leather feeling! It’s a paradox that still confounds me. I guess the Loo has to compensate for its chewing gum edges with extra grain. I want more on those Li pills for sure. Red is gonna look weird if it’s too smooth and bright.
You know, they could always actually listen to peoples feedback / criticism of the Leather Link, and redesign it so it perhaps closer resembles the leather loop. The Classic Buckle after all went through three redesigns.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
You know, they could always actually listen to peoples feedback / criticism of the Leather Link, and redesign it so it perhaps closer resembles the leather loop. The Classic Buckle after all went through three redesigns.
Yeah I would love a super grainy pivot in the fall

Reactions: twanj

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Do you have the sport band versions of the plum and deep navy? Are there any color differences at all between the solo loop and sport band of the same color?
I’m no longer buying sport bands if I can help it. Solo Loops are all uniformly soft and more comfortable and it varies color to color but I think on the whole the solo loop colors are slightly richer and when new have a nice sheen from the UV coating. That’s based on pictures and Juan videos. I haven’t been to a store since they launched.

Reactions: ammorsy

ammorsy

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2009
Texas, USA
I’m no longer buying sport bands if I can help it. Solo Loops are all uniformly soft and more comfortable and it varies color to color but I think on the whole the solo loop colors are slightly richer and when new have a nice sheen from the UV coating. That’s based on pictures and Juan videos. I haven’t been to a store since they launched.
Thanks for your feedback. I liked the solo loop when I got it with the aluminum S6, it’s very comfortable, but I ended up returning it when I upgraded to SS. I’ll probably order the plum solo loop very soon.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I don’t know where else to put this but Bright Crimson Sport Loop is actually Flash Crimson. Shirt is Bright, maker’s mark from Spruce Aura is Flash Crim I believe. And now I’m wondering if they would even do a Flash Crimson base Sport Loop for spring.

Attachments

• 83153842-8C31-4453-BD75-364514A2D698.jpeg
    83153842-8C31-4453-BD75-364514A2D698.jpeg
    512.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 3C55C788-7E18-4AB5-BCB1-2B289CCFC5A3.jpeg
    3C55C788-7E18-4AB5-BCB1-2B289CCFC5A3.jpeg
    377.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Love
Reactions: Swenyly

mikedop

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Finally got my black leather link. It’s much blacker and shinier that the black leather loop
I sprung for a SBSS Series 5 on eBay a few days ago, so now I’m looking for spicier bands to add do my collection. Leather loops seem to be the way to go, once I can track down the colors I had and liked (sold all of mine because I didn’t like how they looked on my aluminums.)

The leather links seem to be a lot better than I had thought after the “new” factor wore off and they’ve had a chance to grow on me. I’ll pick some up once they reach leather loop resell prices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.