Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MDF314159265

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Temecula, CA
Since updating to watchOS 5.1.3, my messages on the watch no longer send as iMessages. iPhone software is updated to latest iOS and watch and iPhone are connecting, but no iMessage functionality.
Minor problem, but a problem. It’s broke.
Anyone else experiencing this? Any idea how to fix? Restarts haven’t don’t the trick.

Reactions: rjp1

Larbo

macrumors member
May 25, 2015
Watch is series 3 with 5.1.3
iPhone SE with 12.1.3 (16D39)
Few times now iMessages show up on phone but are not show on the watch, restarting both fixes this. Happened twice since updating.
Also several calling features under cellar no longer show up. Like show caller Id, call forwarding.
Thinking about going back to beta 4.

MDF314159265

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Temecula, CA
Watch is series 3 with 5.1.3
iPhone SE with 12.1.3 (16D39)
Few times now iMessages show up on phone but are not show on the watch, restarting both fixes this. Happened twice since updating.
Also several calling features under cellar no longer show up. Like show caller Id, call forwarding.
Thinking about going back to beta 4.

Now that you point it out, yeah, I’ve received a call w/ no caller id too. Didn’t think anything of it until you mentioned it.
I appreciate you providing more info too. Maybe would help if I did too:
iPhone X on iOS 12.1.3
S4 Watch (no LTE) on watchOS 5.1.3

I’ll try restarting both again and see if it fixes the issue.
[doublepost=1548546792][/doublepost]Even after restarting both - still “green” messages and no iMessage @ Apple Watch.
Guess I’ll have to drop another note in apples stack of complaints/user suggestions.

Reactions: rjp1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.