Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saritkong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2023
I'm looking to buy my first Apple watch, works with my iPhone SE 2022. So I have a little money for this.
I need an Apple Watch to measure my heart rate and walking distance also sos features, I don't need the advanced features.
I have a question, Watch Series 3&4 are worth buying in 2023? Watch OS 10 will come soon it affects Series 3&4 buying decision?

tucogovinda

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2015
In and around the D.
I’d suggest saving up and getting an SE. They’re often on sale so you shouldn’t need to pay retail price.

Agree 100% with this. The current Apple Watch SE is essentially the same as the Series 4, but with the current S8 chip, so it’ll be faster and is likely to be supported by Apple for much longer. Whatever you do, do not get a Series 3.

Reactions: heretiq

salutcemoi

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2021
Do not know about the series 4, but absolutely do not buy the series 3. It was very slow in the first place and it’s barely usable now, and I believe not even supported anymore.
My Series 3 is still working great tbh

But yeah since OP is a first time AW buyer he should definitely go for a more recent model

AW SE is a great option

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.