Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
the case is aluminum, and because of that is VERY light. I purchased an empty G5 case and was VERY VERY surprised at how light it was.

The mac pro's weight comes from its contents.

Yes.. so the only way to make it lighter would be to sacrifice the awesome design of the machine, inside and out.

Irish1978

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2006
Portland, Oregon
Yea, maybe they will come up with with something like the new Dell XPS 710........ Yea right, is that not the most horrid tower. I love the look of the Mac Pro as is.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
I was also thinking this. I mean the Mini is pretty small and no heat or noise conserns. A small Mac Pro would be nice. Like a mini but a upgradable video card and self upgradable ram, HD, CD, etc.

Even something like this.

http://www.directron.com/vf1000swa.html

Thanks,
ivnj

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
Well actually I was just thinking of a miniature version of their current case. I don't see anything available like that hough.

I was just thinking cuz I love my new Mini 1.66 2ghz ram. But 64 vram isn't enough, plus its shared.

Well it's probably enough for me. Or it'll have to be anyway cuz I don't have the 2000 -4000 for a new pro.

So if it's small, but not so small. Even if it was low profile PCI Express or AGP or whatever video card. As long as it wasn't shared.

And a 3.5 HD. Alright maybe a 5.25 CD would make it too big. But at least a 3.5 HD. 3.5's are cheaper and faster.

That should be too hard.

Thanks,
ivnj

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.