Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2006
San Diego
Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 2.16.55 PM.png

This is a screen grab from WWDC. What is this weather widget on the lock screen? Don't recall any mention of that?

stevomorning

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012
I was wondering about this, if you activate Bedtime and DND it doesn’t show up on my 7.

Wonder if it’s only an iPhone X thing?

x34

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2014
to bad they still dont want to add more to the lockscreen making it a bit more flexible for users... guess we have to wait another couple of years for that and then whoooooo "new"... oh well.

Reactions: !!! and pacorob

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
Looks like part of the Home screen redesign which was initially planned for this year and now is coming via DND. :p

lip3281

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
How exactly are your settings? I can’t seem to get it to work.
I tried to mimic this yesterday and set it bedtime for 8pm and wake up time for 815pm. It didn't seem to do it yesterday. When I did it overnight, it worked for some reason. Not sure, wasn't really expecting it to work, but like the OP, I was specifically interested in this.

anyway, this is all I had set for it to work in the morning.

30F2AA3D-A490-4AC8-9C19-A8C9BE547D34.png

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
I tried to mimic this yesterday and set it bedtime for 8pm and wake up time for 815pm. It didn't seem to do it yesterday. When I did it overnight, it worked for some reason. Not sure, wasn't really expecting it to work, but like the OP, I was specifically interested in this.

anyway, this is all I had set for it to work in the morning.

View attachment 764669
Maybe it has to be overnight.

So your dnd settings are off?

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Did a succesful test run just now and was greeted with Good Afternoon. Never previously used the bedtime feature within clocks and had a scheduled DND in settings and a separate alarm. Disabling my old DND and running solely with the bedtime settings within clocks has done the trick for me
fullsizeoutput_1508.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: penajmz and lip3281

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
There's also the toggle for bedtime mode in DND within Settings.

FYI, not just iPhone X, also saw it on both of my iPads this morning. But once you see it, it disappears after.

I think it would be nice to have some persistent info like this on the lock screen / cover sheet.

lip3281

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013

FYI, not just iPhone X, also saw it on both of my iPads this morning. But once you see it, it disappears after.

I think it would be nice to have some persistent info like this on the lock screen / cover sheet.
Totally agree. I'm sure the full overhaul will have to wait until OS 13, unfortunately.

Reactions: xevion

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City

I got it to work by turning the bedtime setting on within dnd settings. The location setting for weather has to be on always and not on while using the app only for it to work with the weather.

I had it on while using the app and only “Good morning” would show up on the lock screen without the weather.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
So basically turn off the DnD Bedtime Mode and use the Clock app’s Bedtime feature and that’ll do it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.