Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_timo_redux_

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
New York City
Great contest, nice entries.

In school we used to talk about one way to approach design (and keep it "fresh") was to remember repetition can be highlighted by difference. Repetition by itself can be one story, but it changes -- is undermined, intensified, activated -- when one element of your picture is "out of order."

Reactions: Hughmac and oblomow

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Oh my goodness, what a surprise. Thank you so much for the podium, and well done to everyone for a great set of entries.

By the way, my photo was taken a few years ago in Ely cathedral.

I will have a thunk and start a new contest tomorrow evening.

Cheers :)

Hugh
Well deserved win there.

Reactions: Hughmac

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Standard disclaimer etc.

Thanks for all the entries. I was fun and difficult to judge this week.

@kenoh : A lovely shot and dad humour. A great start of this week. Simple and elegant. A minor criticism: the upper left feels a bit cramped.

@Expos of 1969 : Colourful! Who dared to bag the peppers in the lower right corner?!

@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ My OCD kicks in! :) But serious, I like it.

@chown33 : It's hard to tell what the scale of the image is. It's intruiging.

@OldMacs4Me : I like the image, but my first association is not repetition (although I can see why you submitted it)

@mollyc : Clever. First I see the numbers and their shadow. Then the fading, repeating dashes.

@Janichsan : I think I would like this even more if it was more abstract. E.g. just the repetition of the window frames.

@Hughmac : Several layers of repetition. Great exposure and colours.

@JAWJr : A classic interpretation of the theme. Nicely executed.

@_timo_redux_ Beautiful. I like that you included a person. It makes a nice focus point in the repetition.

Podium:

This is hard. There were a lot a of nice and interesting entries.

3rd: @JAWJr
2nd: @kenoh , @mollyc , @_timo_redux_
1st: @Hughmac
Thank you and yes I agree completely, I should have taken it square on. It was one of those "oooh thats interesting" then later "damn it, wrong angle"

Reactions: oblomow
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.