Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gaswerks

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2006
This week’s theme is “Colour Silhouettes”. Not your typical B&W silhouette, I'm looking colourful ones. For example …

pic.JPG

The usual rules apply:

· The photographs must be your own work.

· You may only submit one photo per contest.

· No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.

· This contest runs for one week, starting now.

· At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.

· The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).

gaswerks

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2006
Thanks to all who submitted this week. Here are my high level comments …

@mollyc – kapow! What a way to start the contest, love this shot especially the stances of the kids, perfect.

@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 – very nice photo and great colours but I think a little weak on the “silhouette” concept I was going for this week. My bad.

@lkalliance – superb detail in the tree and the distant background, I really like the framing too.

@Snowlover – beautiful photo, love the turbulent feel of the sky.

@mtbdudex – fantastic shot, I have yet to succeed at night sky photography but I appreciate the work involved.

@Clix Pix – I love the playfulness of this capture, perfect silhouette and background colour gradient.

@PhilBoogie – great shot, it takes me to a faraway land and I can almost hear the sounds.

@oblomow – nice moody shot, I really like how the whole photo gets scaled by the tiny little ship on the horizon.

@Strider64 – I think the two layers of silhouette are very neat, the crisp focus of the bird and the blurred tree tops.

@AppleKarma – fantastic colours on this shot, too bad the sky is a little blown out but a cool shot nonetheless.

@dwfaust – you nailed the silhouette and the framing makes me feel I’m stretching taller, very nice.

@thirsty_monk – cool shot, the way things are lit up makes the photo a little challenging to figure out what is going on structurally.

@CK Williams – very interesting photo, good silhouette and the under lighting of the cloud make you take a second (and third) look.

@Jumpthesnark – perfect photo for this week’s contest, multilevel silhouettes with a big burst of colour, so much to see as my eye wanders through the photo, nailed it.

@Janichsan - great photo, I like how minimal the window frames are and your choice to leave the people in frame, makes the shot.

@OldMacs4Me – yes you are on topic, I love the emerging crepuscular rays and how the lake breaks up the photo.

@cogi0490 – I really like this photo, especially how you incorporated multiple subjects – the profile, the bright sun, the bridge.

Third place to @PhilBoogie

Second place to @mollyc

First place to @Jumpthesnark

Congrats!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.