Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geoelectric

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
What's On works fine for me on 2.1. First run after install (I bought it post-2.1) went back to Home, rebooted the phone, subsequent runs work. It uses Wi-Fi fine.

Lexitron has the 8-bit sound issue on my phone as well--sound effects are screeches now.

ieko

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2006
Quote taken from tuner app thread

anyone notice any problems playing an AAC+ stream after updating to 2.1?
my AAC+ stream for my station will play, but after a few seconds will start stuttering, and eventually stop

Looks like I'm not the only one having trouble with AAC+ streams with Tuner after the 2.1 firmware upgrade.

yoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2003
In the Bowels of the Cosmos
What's On works fine for me on 2.1. First run after install (I bought it post-2.1) went back to Home, rebooted the phone, subsequent runs work. It uses Wi-Fi fine.

Lexitron has the 8-bit sound issue on my phone as well--sound effects are screeches now.

Looks like I'm not the only one having trouble with AAC+ streams with Tuner after the 2.1 firmware upgrade.

brain challenge has sound issues with 2.1.

The list has been updated with the new info. Thanks.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Neither Asphalt 4 nor Platinum Sudoku will play at all for me. Both load, but then within 2 seconds after loading, they crash 100% of the time.

EDIT: Both WILL now play again, after a reboot. Power down and back up and see if that helps other apps. (See this tip.)

Thanks for the list BTW!

amousa

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2008
our billminder app was broken on some phones. we have a fix (lots of other fixes too) ready but we're doing some final testing before sending it to apple.

asta-roth

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2008
I have sound distortions in:
- Asphalt
- Toy Bot Diaries
- Texas Hold'em

What's interesting is that it didn't happen right away. I installed 2.1 the same day it was released and sounds messed up several days later for Asphalt, three days ago for Toy Bot and yesterday for Texas (I didn't have Texas before 2.1, cos I bought it three days ago).

yoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2003
I have sound distortions in:
- Asphalt
- Toy Bot Diaries
- Texas Hold'em

What's interesting is that it didn't happen right away. I installed 2.1 the same day it was released and sounds messed up several days later for Asphalt, three days ago for Toy Bot and yesterday for Texas (I didn't have Texas before 2.1, cos I bought it three days ago).

Thank you for the info. A fix for Toybot Diaries is present in the app store.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
That's a common bug with 2.0-2.1. Not the app itself.

That's actually not a bug with the iPhone OS, it's a feature. The iPhone does that when its memory is running low enough that the phone app might not be able to receive a call. The lack of memory problem *can* be caused by a bug in the OS, but it can also be caused by the app using too much memory. Or by the app using memory *and* the user keeping too many web pages in Safari open or using the iPod app and/or other things that use up memory.

This is one of the reasons Apple doesn't allow App-store apps to run in the background, because of the limited system memory and the fact that users will blame the system if an app they run causes problems with other apps.

amousa

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2008
We pushed BillMinder 1.01 to Apple a while back -- hopefully it'll be released soon. It should fix most of the issues people have been having (really, it fixes all we know about). We're in the process of adding alerting functionality to it as well for the next version. Very sorry for the trouble this might have caused any of our customers.

lackofcolour

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2008
Both versions of my app EirText & EirText Pro now crash on firmware 2.1. I've rushed out a fix, but I now have to sit and wait until Apple pull the finger out and approve it. Again.

Oh well, at least I have a pile of support emails to keep me occupied until the update hits... :mad:

EirText is now working on 2.1.

EirText Pro still broken but the update is In Review.

yoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2003
We pushed BillMinder 1.01 to Apple a while back -- hopefully it'll be released soon. It should fix most of the issues people have been having (really, it fixes all we know about). We're in the process of adding alerting functionality to it as well for the next version. Very sorry for the trouble this might have caused any of our customers.

EirText is now working on 2.1.

EirText Pro still broken but the update is In Review.

List is updated with new info. Thank you for keeping us informed.

2000m

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
asphalt racing was just updated but the update did not fix the sound problems:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.