Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Khavik

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2023
15 pro max

-USB-C port (as well as lightning before, wireless charging FTW, all backups go through cloud)
-Apple maps (they rly suck in my country)
-Smart home (my home is not smart enough for it)
-Always on Display (I dont need it because I have my AW always on my hand)
-Siri (Im ok with english but still not my native language)
-Mail app (gmail got nice dedicated app)
-FaceTime (opposite to Apple commercials no one wants to make video calls)

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
This is odd but I rarely use the Messages app for regular communication; pretty much everyone I talk to is on another chat system like Telegram, Teams, or Discord. Messages is 99% used for receiving 2FA codes from various things and text message notifications from companies and like two people who I don't talk to often, both who use Android so they're not even iMessages.

Also I don't use the Journal app; I refuse to until it's on the Mac as well so I can type with a real keyboard.

Reactions: LoveToMacRumors

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
Currently on iPhone 13 Pro

I do not use Face ID (disabled)
I do not use Siri (disabled)
I do not use iOS 17 (stayed with iOS 15)
I do not use iMessage
lol, oof, I actually use those.

But what do you consider the biggest features?

I always uninstall or disable some of the native apps. Like their version of office apps, the guitar/music creator app thing(I'm forgetting the name of it), Apple Maps( I don't not use it, but I rarely use it),

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
AOD and Standby.
I don't see a reason to use it.

I have an iPhone 13 and was excited to try Standby. It honestly is a worthless feature and I no longer use it...I have to rattle my nightstand or tap the display to activate it.

I don't understand why they can't leave Standby on...I can only guess it would make the device hot? No idea but the current implementation is very subpar.

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
Don’t use Standby or MagSafe. Maybe in the future. Stickers and Animojis I will never use. Probably a bunch more (are slofies still a thing.)

Last edited:

ophh1

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2016
Currently using 14 Pro

What I don’t use:
- Camera (Live photos, Action mode, HDR Video, ProRes, Cinematic mode)
- iMessage (nobody uses it in my country)
- Charging port (I use wireless charging since iPhone X)

What I want to use but I can’t because it is not available in my place:
- Apple Card
- Apple Arcade
- eSIM

Bethanie21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2015
As long as I’ve had the Pro phones I know I don’t use the camera features properly 😂 I just point and shoot

Reactions: tomtattoo

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
All the sharing stuff including Airdrop.
Animojis.
Bluetooth (except in the very rare instance that I listen to music on the go)
Safari (use Firefox)
Apple Maps (use Google's)
Wireless charging (it's wasteful: it's 50% as efficient as wired)
Standby (it's crap on my iPhone 11. Even if it had an AOD that really stayed on all night I doubt I'd use it)

I'm sure there are others.

Unlike the posters above, I do use FaceID, iMessage (although WhatsApp is more popular), FaceTime and even Siri - it does a good job at firing off my shortcuts, language translation and currency conversions.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
The big features I don’t use are:

HomeKit
Apple Maps
Animoji
Shortcuts

I do know so many people who don’t use FaceID and Siri too. I have work colleagues who are in their 30’s and tap the code in every time to open their phones and although it seems weird, it’s more common than people realise.

My personal phone is a 13 pro Max and I also use a 14 Pro as a works phone.

The first thing I did on the 14 Pro was disable AOD. I don’t need it as I use an Apple Watch for notifications and seeing the time.

Cobold

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Dieburg, Germany
iPhone 14 Pro Max here and I don't use:

- Always-on-Display (disabled on Day1, no need for it as I am using an AppleWatch)
- Tones whatsoever (silent switch ON is the first thing I do since iPhone 3G)
- Focus Modes (never figured it out really)
- Standby Mode (useless)
- Siri (on iPhone at least. On my watch I use Siri to set up timers only)

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I started using focus modes once I realised I can have dedicated homescreens with whatever apps I want, even if they are also on other homescreens.

I'm currently doing a course and have scheduled a Focus mode to shut off all notifications, and have just the one homescreen with all the apps I need during that course.

Reactions: TacoFan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.