Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color iPod nano?

• [att=29955]White[/att]

Votes: 114 45.6%
  • [att=29956]Black[/att]

Votes: 136 54.4%

• Total voters

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I would get a black one, but I don't really need one because I have a 20GB iPod from just over a year ago. It has been great......very reliable. I'll replace it when either the battery on my iPod goes, or it stops working for some reason.

*drops his iPod on the floor*

Oops, that was an accident.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Don't really have an interest in either. Of the two white would be my preference.

Thank you Doctor Q. Our new Poll master. ;)

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Some real life nano pics to help

Some real life pics of the Nano close up some of the first ive seen,its even nicer for real!!!

ShadoW

Attachments

• nano_290.jpg
    nano_290.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 256
  • nano_284.jpg
    nano_284.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,595
  • nano_341.jpg
    nano_341.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 271

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I just ran out to my local Apple Store and bought a black 4GB nano. Why black? Change of pace.... I like white, I like black, and fingerprints aren't really an issue as I keep the pods as clean as possible as often as possible.

Short review: the "feel" is fantastic, sound seems on par with that of the Shuffle (marginally better than disk-based iPods I've had or listened to), and the screen is great. All in all, it's not as good feature-wise as its big brothers, but I think it is a very worthy mini replacement, and, let's face it, if 6GB is enough for you, 2GB or 4GB likely is as well - you'll just reload it often (like with the Shuffle).

Minor issue: as mentioned, everything else is white. Black headphones would have been cool, but my B&Os fit the color scheme nicely, so I won't be using the stock phones anyway.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I prefer the white model. Perhaps I've been conditioned to think of iPods as being white, although the one I got my wife is a blue mini.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Just as a quick side note, is the colour you voted for now in italics at the top of this page? Is this a new vBulletin feature?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 154

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
mad jew said:
Just as a quick side note, is the colour you voted for now in italics at the top of this page? Is this a new vBulletin feature?

Yes, the one you voted for is in italics, but no, it's not new.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
mad jew said:
Yes, and it also works for multi-select polls, where you get to vote for more than one choice. But it doesn't work for macpolls.com.

Lucky8

macrumors regular
May 18, 2005
Ordered a black one last night...
Anyone looking for a like-new 1GB Shuffle cheap?

Ryon

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2005
I really want to like the black. Black is generally a good color. I lust after black luxury cars, like black clothes (not goth, just nice basic blacks), etc. I even like Apple's dramatic use of black in advertising and packaging.

But the black nano just looks wrong to me. White, on the other hand... I'm itching to justify the price to myself and buy one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.