Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color iPod nano?

• [att=29955]White[/att]

Votes: 114 45.6%
  • [att=29956]Black[/att]

Votes: 136 54.4%

• Total voters

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
White

I still prefer the look of the white one.

I don't really need a second iPod so probably won't get one, though I am rather tempted having seen photos of how small it is.

It does make the Shuffle look really tacky now doesn't it?

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
The black one looks great... but I think it would show fingerprints, marks, and smudges more... and I also think I prefer the traditional white iPod colour.

If I can find a reseller with stocks tomorrow I might have to forego the EDUC discount and take instant gratification.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Definately white, if I were to buy it of course. I dont like the black click-wheel. iPod U2 looks awesome! I also respect the classic white/gray design of 4th gen iPods

jimbo0270

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2004
Chicago Area
I got the black one, but everyone is right about it getting dirty! The oil from my fingers makes it look nasty instantly. Though I still would have gotten black because it matches my car's interior.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
dietcokevanilla said:
I still prefer the look of the white one.

I don't really need a second iPod so probably won't get one, though I am rather tempted having seen photos of how small it is.

It does make the Shuffle look really tacky now doesn't it?

Ya the shuffle looks a bit.. clunky next to the nano. They should slightly redesign the shuffle to be just a tad thinner, have some softer edges, maybe come in a variety of colors since the mini is gone, and I say they shoul have just a 1gb model at $99.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
mrgreen4242 said:
Ya the shuffle looks a bit.. clunky next to the nano. They should slightly redesign the shuffle to be just a tad thinner, have some softer edges, maybe come in a variety of colors since the mini is gone, and I say they shoul have just a 1gb model at $99.

Ye that'd be cool some funky coloured shuffle's would re-ignite there sales, as for the Nano, although my first instincts were to go for a black one the white one has swung me over due to its ability to hide blemishes easily, i know from the PSP that black gets oily and smudgy real easy,

ShadOW

camomac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Left Coast
polythene pam said:
When they come out with the ColorNano ("now with 8GB!") I will probably get one. For now I'm happy with my mini!

i know this is a in a thread somewhere else.. i just can't seem to find it again, look here for COLORS.

neato :)

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I voted black. I'd buy one if the capacity was larger. I'm hoping for all black 80 GB iPods before the end of the year.

baboo2

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2005
Toronto
go white , just ordered a customized 2gb nano :) but it'll take 3-5 days to be done, and another 8-12 days to ship >.<

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
dan-o-mac said:
I have to see them in person side by side, but i'm leaning towards the black. If I do get black I'm going to make a Nano sock out of micro fiber/suede http://www.daproducts.com/dpcloths.htm. That way I could protect and wipe the fingerprints with the cover. :cool:

Changed my mind. I was at the Apple Soho, I had to replace my iPod mini(faulty battery). The store just opened and the black nanos were disgustingly dirty after about 10 minutes. The black didn't look as cool as I thought it would, so i'm going with the classic white. The weird thing is that they feel almost too small, anyone else agree? I'm going back after work to pick one up.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
I saw them both in the flesh today at Apple Store Regents St, Definatly the white for me it looks much nicer the black in the flesh doesnt touch it.....

I spoke to a member of staff there and he said the black one's are outselling the white's considerably, and all 4gb black Nano's are sold out but all the rest are available,

ShadOW

al3000

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2005
England
I really can't decide.. I like the black, but I don't know if the nano tubes (is that what they are called), would look that good over it, and also there is the problem of fingerprints.

Just wondering, which one do you reckon would go best with a PB?

Josh2022

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2005
IMO, the black one is a lottt sexier. Thats the one im gonna be getting in a few weeks once i save up enough money and hope that my apple store has them, my brothers friend works there and he said there selling like crazy

Sirus The Virus

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2005
Texas
I like the black Nano's. The only thing they could do to make the black better tough would be to drop the chrome on the back half, and make it black. That would be fantastic.

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
do you think its possible to make the screen black? with any color text you want? is that something a hacker can possibly take care of?

i would love the black but i dont like the white screen. i want a black screen with red or orange text and the album art on that nice black background.

this would incorporate the screen into the form of the na na na nano better.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
Ryon said:
I really want to like the black. Black is generally a good color. I lust after black luxury cars, like black clothes (not goth, just nice basic blacks), etc. I even like Apple's dramatic use of black in advertising and packaging.

But the black nano just looks wrong to me. White, on the other hand... I'm itching to justify the price to myself and buy one.

I love the look of the black nano in the Apple gallery but seeing it in the flesh, I'm glad I went for the white.

It's still a damn fine bit of kit but I just prefer the white for some reason.

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
Sirus The Virus said:
I like the black Nano's. The only thing they could do to make the black better tough would be to drop the chrome on the back half, and make it black. That would be fantastic.

I wish they did this with white as well!
Whilst I am biased... I think the white was better... and also clearly marks it as an iPod.

JoeKarame

macrumors regular
May 2, 2005
Of course, if the black Nano is made of a similar plastic to my PSP, then it'll be a dust magnet - and show up finger smudges something chronic.

The white one matches my iBook, and as a style whore, I'll have to go with that one!

robcts

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2005
I went with white.

Played with both in the store - the black could see everyone's fingerprints and everything. Plus I just like white more :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.