Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What colour is your MacBook?

• Total voters

Macintosh Sauce

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2006
USA
My wife has a black MacBook, and so do I as of Friday. :) This thing is so sweet, especially after popping 4 GB RAM inside. I have noticed that the newer black MacBook doesn't take fingerprints like my wife's older one. Cool! :cool:

skwij

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2006
Belleville, ON, Canada
I bought a white one, because 95% of laptops are black, and I wanted mine to be different. :D

I just think the white one looks more apple-esque than the black, which imo looks like any other pc laptop out there.

Yeah, it's fanboyish and shallow, but that's my reason for getting the white. :)

Ditto. I also couldn't justify the "black tax" which was $300 CDN at the time I got mine. Bought in Feb '07.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
From the looks of it, people who have white, love it, and people you have black, love it.

But some people who HAD white and loved it, decided to go black and love it more.

Doesn't that mean the people are kinda locking up at black? I haven't heard someone that used to have black and got white because its nicer.

Techguy172

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2007
Ontario Canada
From the looks of it, people who have white, love it, and people you have black, love it.

But some people who HAD white and loved it, decided to go black and love it more.

Doesn't that mean the people are kinda locking up at black? I haven't heard someone that used to have black and got white because its nicer.

I had black then got white, it was way too dirty!

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
No the Black one did it had a ton of finger prints and I didn't feel like cleaning it all the time so i got white plus i saved money doing that too. Although maybe the new ones are better I don't know.

New ones are def better, I tried them this weekend. They even feel different, they don't have that rubber feeling anymore, they have this smooth, and, well, I have to admit, it has this "im addicting to feeling this macbook" feeling:eek::p.

Techguy172

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2007
Ontario Canada
New ones are def better, I tried them this weekend. They even feel different, they don't have that rubber feeling anymore, they have this smooth, and, well, I have to admit, it has this "im addicting to feeling this macbook" feeling:eek::p.

That's good then it seems apple is heading in the right direction, I however will not be buying one of these as my next computer. It will either be a Mac Pro or MacBook Pro.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
That's good then it seems apple is heading in the right direction, I however will not be buying one of these as my next computer. It will either be a Mac Pro or MacBook Pro.

I have my "pro" imac for my video production, otherwise, i'm just another mac user. I want to get a macbook bad for school, and for putting video on it before taking it to my imac for business. but in college, I'm so getting an MBP.

nfg315

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
NYC
go to the apple store and look at them both in person...i was undecided on a new one until i actually went. saw the black and thought it looked cheap...if it was glossy black i would have bought it, but the matte makes it look cheap - kind of the same way glossy looks better on a car

either way, went with white and i like it, to each his own

mikky05v

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2008
i absolutely love my blackbook...
it doesn't hold dirt where as the white ones tend to start turning brown where your hands touch...
fingerprints aren't a problem on my new one and it comes with cloth that removes them ridiculously easy

topher2889

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2007
Wisconsin
the black tax just isn't worth it in the long run...my white actually is cleaner then most of my friends' blackbooks with many noticeable grease stains.

Masizzle

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2008
I had a pismo..... so when I upgraded to a macbook I had no choice but to get the black lol...

It was def worth it for me to have the machine I want in the color I want. If i'm dropping 1400 dollars (after AppleCare and extras) I might as well spend 1500 and get the color I want. I wouldn't get a car in a color I don't like either... plus all my other **** is black... TV, Stereo, iPod, desk accessories, external monitor etc etc... not to mention the theme in my room.

Plus I hate white people and white chocolate.

hahhaa.. I'm just kidding. White chocolate isn't bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.