Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coyote

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2003
Sausalito, CA
'iWatch' seems to be going around a lot, but I remember an interview when Jony Ive was on Blue Peter. He said something along the lines of if you design a lunchbox and call it a lunchbox, you've already limited yourself because you're subconsciously designing around a 'box' shape.

The Macbook Nano.

My pick is... iPod Wear (or at least iPod xxx). My pick actually surprises even me, because as I've been hearing the iPod branding discussion for the wearable, I mostly dismissed it becasue a) iPod brand is fading fast and b) it seems too radically different from a music playing device to a wearable.

However, my reasonings are as follows: Apple likes the iPxxxx branding and I can't for the life of me think of anything iPxxxxx for a werable. Despite the fading iPod brand, it still has a huge name recongition for Apple.. even almost nolstagic for the device that brought Apple back to relavance (and the iPod Touch definitely isn't going anywhere for a while). iWatch doesn't seem appropriate because the watch is likely 5% of functionality (yes, you could make the same argument for iPhone, but basically everyone has a phone, very few people still wear a watch. That would be a losing battle from the start). iBand just doesn't sound right; can't really pinpoint it, but doesn't seem likely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.