Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DouglasCarroll

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2016
Hi!

Sorry for the stupid question, but how are you getting your Entourage and iCal to sync? I have gotten iCal to properly sync with my Google Calendar on my Powerbook G4 with Leopard, but I cannot figure out how to then sync Entourage with iCal. I selected the “sync with iCal” preference in Entourage, but it never syncs between the two programs. I have also quit and restarted both programs to try and for e a sync, no luck.

Thanks!

Google. All platforms.

Because Google can be imported in to iCal and Address Book. ANNNDDD! Both of those sync with Entourage. I use Entourage 2008 on my Leopard Macs and Office 2011 on my Intel Mac.

So, an edit on my Mac (PowerPC or Intel) reflects to Google and an edit on my iDevices also reflects to Google and then back down to all other devices connected.

I went this route back with iOS 6 because iCloud would not push edits to Entourage.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hi!

Sorry for the stupid question, but how are you getting your Entourage and iCal to sync? I have gotten iCal to properly sync with my Google Calendar on my Powerbook G4 with Leopard, but I cannot figure out how to then sync Entourage with iCal. I selected the “sync with iCal” preference in Entourage, but it never syncs between the two programs. I have also quit and restarted both programs to try and for e a sync, no luck.

Thanks!
It's not intuitive and you have to dig into the system.

Look here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/powerpc-macs-and-iphone-5-sync-and-music.1535221/

And reportedly there is two way sync of Google Calendar and iCal if you use Carbiner23's link. Look here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/google-calendar.1721649/#post-18944695

As Entourage syncs with iCal then it should push in both directions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.