Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So I just wrapped up RE:3-

My quick overview on my thoughts without any plot points being leaked.

I really liked it, if you like RE:2, there’s zero reason why you wouldn’t like RE:3. But what RE:3 capitalizes on, is removing those monotonous puzzles from RE:2. Nemesis is just straight forward linear gameplay with ‘thrill-killing’ as you’d expect from Capcom, with improved lighting, overall graphical imagery with more saturation with gore/blood, sound effects are heightened, it literally improves over RE:2 in every facet, even though all the gameplay mechanics/inventory is the same.

Oh, and I can tell you right now, it’s not ‘3 to 5’ hours of total gameplay (See below of my total play-time attachment) that’s being said on the Internet from gamers who haven’t even played the game yet.. I played on easy, and I didn’t even take my time in the game, it almost took me eight hours fully to complete. For the price of $60, I would pay that all over again just to have the experience that Nemesis delivered on.

07A79D7E-26BA-4179-97D6-6FDE1EED16DD.jpeg

Reactions: Weaselboy

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Still not a lot of game time for the premium price. I'm 37 hours in Final Fantasy VII Remake now and getting close to the end. That means I'd be on my 5th RE3 playthrough now... They should ask less for short games like that IMHO.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I'm at 70+ hours in ME: Andromeda. Something similar in Dark Souls 3. I have very little time to play in my family life.

I am actually longing for a game that doesn't keep me busy for over a year, so I can experience other games as well. :D

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
Still not a lot of game time for the premium price. I'm 37 hours in Final Fantasy VII Remake now and getting close to the end. That means I'd be on my 5th RE3 playthrough now... They should ask less for short games like that IMHO.
I try and stick with $1/hour unless the game really deserves more :). Skyrim, I paid ~$40 and currently at ~100 hours (On Switch). $.40 per hour. That is a better deal than the $7.50 I paid for Devil May Cry 4: SE (PC) for $7.50 as it lasts ~10 hours.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
For those of you who have a PS4 and have never experienced the Uncharted Series, they will now be available for a free Download, Thanks to Sony. [And I highly recommend the entire series, as the voice acting, gameplay mechanics and storyline-script writing is perfect, which you would expect from Naughty dog.]

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
For those of you who have a PS4 and have never experienced the Uncharted Series, they will now be available for a free Download, Thanks to Sony. [And I highly recommend the entire series, as the voice acting, gameplay mechanics and storyline-script writing is perfect, which you would expect from Naughty dog.]

it really is a worthwhile time investment ! I loved the collection (and 4)
I plan to replay 2 some day as I loved the everlasting crap out of it

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
I would really like to play Uncharted . It reminds me of Tomb Raider.
Alas, I will not purchase a PlayStation just for that game. Plus, I prefer games on PC now...

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So there comes that time once in a while where you buy a game and it’s not what you expected. Unfortunately, ‘Doom Eternal’ Was that game for me. I long anticipated this game, [even since it’s initial delay back from November 2019]. Unfortunately, ID/Bethesda made some changes in terms of making this game strictly an ‘arena shooter’ only. The storyline might as well be nonexistent, it’s turned fairly Arcadish (Yes, I made that word myself 😁), and the difficulty has been amped up a little bit. For the most part, I think it plays really smooth, like you would expect, but other than that, it’s exactly that, as arena shooter.

The other thing they added is ‘wall climbing’ and having to jump from monkey bar to monkey bar to Make it to the next platform. Which I didn’t care for at all.

I’m not saying ‘Doom Eternal’ is a bad game, it’s just changed very much from what it was. The 2016 Doom was freakin awesome and straight gameplay, and actually Incorporated somewhat of a storyline. Also, I’ve been playing Doom since it’s inception, and it used to be about navigating through Corridor‘s, space stations, traversing through ships in different levels and ‘not knowing what to expect when you turn the corner’, all of that is nonexistent anymore.

In terms of Pros for ‘Doom Eternal’, it’s very fluid, the animations are incredibly smooth, the graphics are outstanding in every way possible, and it is fast paced as you possibly could make a shooter, all rolled up into ‘You versus the world filled with monsters.’

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Last Game: Sekiro - Awesome game! From Software never dissapoints. It took me an embarrassing number of tries to beat some of the harder bosses like Demon of Hatred, but I finally beat all the bosses in the game.

Current Game: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - Mediocre, but coming off Sekiro, anything will be mediocre. Combat is not that tight and I am not a fan of the metroidvania elements. I'm warming up to it, but not sure I will finish it.

Next Game: Either Devil May Cry 5 or some sort of RPG

I tried the FF7R Demo. Not a fan of the action/turn-based combat hybrid system and spreading out the game over an unspecified number of installments. I might give the full game a chance though when price comes down since everything else about the game looks gorgeous.

Reactions: BlankStar

Khalanad75

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
land of confusion
I just finally finished Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and the first DLC. 142 hours played so far. I laughed when the new+ option appeared :)

Now working on Fate of Atlantis. Not sure if I like this DLC.

Considering I bought the whole thing for $27 on the xbox christmas sale, I have more than gotten my moneys worth.

• Love
Reactions: BlankStar

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I just finally finished Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and the first DLC. 142 hours played so far. I laughed when the new+ option appeared :)

Considering I bought the whole thing for $27 on the xbox christmas sale, I have more than gotten my moneys worth.
I absolutely loved Atlantis. I got my platinum trophy and played a +game with the girl for 30 minutes, just to see how it played with the character since I chose Alexios.

anodibu

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2013

Is naval combat a big part of this game? I didn’t like it in Black Flag and the reason I never finished it. I really enjoy Origins, though I also haven’t finished it yet.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Is naval combat a big part of this game? I didn’t like it in Black Flag and the reason I never finished it. I really enjoy Origins, though I also haven’t finished it yet.

It's not a huge part if you don't want it to be. You've got to sail to discover new islands but I didn't think it was annoying (I don't really like the naval combat). There are some templars on boats that I wanted to kill.

Reactions: anodibu

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Cities: Skylines is a PS Plus game next month. Been hoping for this for awhile. I have almost bought it like a dozen times!

Khalanad75

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
land of confusion

There are only a couple of times where you must do a naval battle.

I hated it at first, but got much better with it, and there are more than a couple hours of the 142 that ended up me just out looking for pirates to destroy.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Working on finalizing ‘Days Gone’. I don’t know what it is, it’s not a ‘bad game’ by any means, maybe I’m just becoming so particular after being involved in the gaming industry for the better part of 15 years, it’s just not that intriguing to me. It might be the whole ‘sandbox era of games that I played so many, that I’m becoming numb to them.

The storyline is good, but I find the main protagonist tends to over talk, the Sound effects are Perfect in every way possible (Guns/voices//storms/slamming a zombies head with a lawn-mower blade😁), the overall forestry Street environment is unique, but doesn’t really stand out to me too much.

I’m not ‘knocking‘ the game, I just think it’s one of those games that if it wasn’t for the storyline, I think this would probably just ‘blend in’ like every other sandbox game, but it does have some unique characteristics surrounded by the motorcycle for transportation.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I bought Days gone a couple of weeks ago when it was in discount on the PS Store. It's added to the looooooooooong list of games. Will have to play the Witcher 3 before it though or @MisterSavage will get on a plane to Belgium to kill me ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.